American.30/06 magazine

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by retireddeputy121, Aug 20, 2016.

1. retireddeputy121

retireddeputy121 New Member

Does anyone know if Ruger is working to fix the magazine feeding problems? I just bought the p.o.s. rifle and the magazines will NOT FEED PROPERLY! I watched videos on YouTube about how to fix the problem. It involves me having to carefully cut plastic edges and then add epoxy to build up an area so the mags feed properly! WTF?! The mags should feed properly without me cutting or adding anything!! Why would Ruger do this?! Bill is turning in his grave!!!

2. retireddeputy121

retireddeputy121 New Member

Also, how do I contact Ruger by phone?

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I had a similar experience with my RAR .22-250. The 3rd mag I tried - got it from Ruger - solved the problem. I think they had a bad (and large) lot.

4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Call them

5. JWV7185

JWV7185 New Member

I have the same problem with my 270. I called Ruger and they are shipping me a new mag. They said I'd is a well know problem and the new mags they are sending out should fix the problem. My mag would feed the first and second round them jam on the third round. My mag is also very loose in the rifle.

I have added two pieces of Duct tape on the front clip area of the mag and it is now snug in the rifle and I can load all the rounds without any problems. I done this until my new mag arrives.I have cycled 30 rounds through the gun with no jams since adding the tape.
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1484037286.358498.jpg ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1484037300.898007.jpg