Always Confusion

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by berettabone, Oct 6, 2015.

1. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Originally, when I received my CCL, I also got a license for Utah. Since Wisco hadn't decided any reciprocity issues, I got the Utah license because it covered me in 33 states at the time. Now , Minnesota, a state that I like to travel to, is not recognizing either of my permits. So, if I want to travel to Minnesota, I have to get a third license. Everybody has their hand out, and I'm sick of it. I am waiting for one of the candidates for Pres, to talk about the national reciprocity issue. It would make things so much easier. If I had a Florida license, I believe I would be good at this time. Their out of state license is expensive, and I believe it's only good for three years. They require a qualification shoot, which I originally did when I took my CCL class, because the class covered Wisc, Utah, and Florida. It's just getting way to confusing. Let's just move on to national reciprocity. There is still enough money to be made by the states for something we shouldn't have to pay for in the first place. It's twice as ridiculous, because I can open carry for free, and don't need no stinkin license, but I'm too old to get face planted by some testosterone filled juvenile LE officer.:greenlittle:

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Well you need to understand even though the Constitution is the law of the land the individual states think their state constitution is the higher rule of their land. No state should be allowed to infringe on the 2nd Amendment by demanding a permit to own and carry a gun because it is the law of the land which includes all 50 states.
    But due to the Constitution being read into we have the 2nd being distorted in its meaning and who or how they can trump it. According to the 2nd it states there really is no trump card to be played as it is the law of the land.

3. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

So how do you keep weapons out of the hands of criminals and lunatics?

4. buster40c

The laws already on the books relating to crimes committed with guns if enforced would stop criminals from using a gun to commit a crime. But oh no, they let a lunatic kill many people and give him a life sentence. UMMM what's wrong with that picture? Death = life? Found proven guilty without any doubt should be an immediate .45 to the cranium in public viewing. But oh ho.......that's not humane. The whole point of this gun control is to confiscate guns not keep guns out of the hands of criminals. If that was the point then these murdering sickos wouldn't be on death row, they would be ashes to ashes.
    Comparable example is how to stop illegals entering the country. Enforce the laws already in place and they would stop coming. NO job, no food, no place to shelter would = practically no illegals crossing the border. No fences needed and fences haven't even slowed it down. Enforce the laws=end of problem.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  5. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

berettabone,
    Don't hold your breath till the candidates for Pres, talk about the national reciprocity issue. I don't see it happening.
    We shouldn't need no stinking license to enjoy a guaranteed right anyway.

Hey buster, public executions would be a good deterrent in my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  6. berettabone

Use the laws that are in place now...............................from 2000 to 2010, approx. 73,000 in the U.S. were denied a firearm because of mistakes, illegalities or issues on their paperwork. Out of that group, approx. 40,000 were reversed, and the people got their firearm. Out of the approx. 33,000 that were left, 76 people were actually taken to court for illegalities. Out of that number, 42 were prosecuted. The police chief of Milwaukee, Wi said, when questioned about the lack of prosecutions, " We don't have time to chase paper trails." They scream about tightening the backround check laws, but yet, won't prosecute when someone does something illegal. So, backround checks that they use now, supply all the info they need, but yet, they won't do anything with it. Most people that are initially denied, are eventually reinstated for one reason or another..........usually because of clerical errors, or gov't stupidity. Prosecution is the first answer.

7. gunslinger669

So wait, you're ok with background checks and the current laws that are in place, then?

8. berettabone

In a word, yes.................................my state just got rid of the 2 day waiting period. I have no problem with a backround check. We are currently going through the Badger Gun trial up here. It could set a precedent for dealers in the future. No matter what we do, we will never be able to totally control firearms, and guns getting in to the hands of idiots. It's just the way it is. They have all the tools they need right now, to do the best job that they can. If they never punish those who do illegal things, things will stay the same.

9. gunslinger669

So then all the screaming and yelling is about what "might" happen, not what already has happened? Seems like a whole lot of misdirected energy to me.

10. buster40c

The reason why it is not misdirected energy is because what might happen here has already happened in other countries and the end result was not good. What was one of the first things Hitler did? He made owning guns illegal. Then what did he do? He had them killed!
    You said it.........All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

11. gunslinger669

Oh, good! That means then that everyone here is writing their elected officials on a regular basis, showing up at rallies and demonstrations, participating in email campaigns to the media, voting in every election possible, etc..right? Look, no one does all those things, but doing just a couple carries huge weight. Hitler was successful because he gave the poor hope after ww1, and then he exploited the sheeple completely. So, yes, it will definitely happen here eventually, unless we make the government what it is actually supposed to be- for the people, by the people. ALL of them, not just the few or the ones we like.

12. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

13. gunslinger669

You know what I think would actually work better than all of it? An actual license to buy guns. You show the license, the photo and fingerprint match at the point of purchase and aren't flagged or restricted and you buy whatever you want (depending on the class of license it is). You want to buy 3 pistols and a rifle? Do it and walk out. No record of what you bought.

You'd have to qualify for each different class or type of weapon, written test and safety and profficency: Class "A" for rifles and handguns and fully automatic weapons. Class "B" for Rifles and Handguns, Class "C" for just Rifles. Class "D" for Rimfire only, perhaps, for 14 yrs old.....I don't know. The transfer from one individual to another would have to occur at a gun shop in order for the buyer's license to be verified.

It allows for anyone who is competent and qualified to exercise their right to own a deadly weapon. Purchases aren't tracked. The weapons aren't deadly in and of themselves. They have to be in the hands of a human, so, the human part of the equation needs to be pre-qualified, not the weapon. The weapon is truly irrelevant.

14. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Like a driver's license? :)

15. gunslinger669

It's RARELY the car's fault, isn't it?? Pretty much the idiot behind the wheel.