All those newbs!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buildit, Jul 20, 2013.

1. buildit

buildit Goofy Owner

Have you had the talk yet? You know you and a couple gun buds chatting about ammo, guns and shooting when someone comments on all the new shooters out there? Dear Lord! Were we really that clueless when we got into firearms? At the gun shop with a friend picking up a shotgun when I hear this lady proclaim (loudly) "Here's a conceal Carry". You could feel every eye in the place shift to see if she was talking about them. :cryinglaugh:
    Of course she was trying to get her husband/significant other to look at the gun in the case that was near the derringers. My mind went off! I wanted to walk over and tell her the derringer is a better back up gun than a primary defense gun unless you are really having issues with CC. But I bit my tung.:rolleyes: She went on to loudly rant about the way the guns looked, how many "clips" they held and if they were too expensive.
    All I could think was I really hope they take a good class, make some friends in the firearm community and God help us. :D I am of course being a smart A$$ about this as we all should help the newer firearm owners and especially our friends, family or neighbors who want to begin owning or carrying firearms. To that end I am constantly offering those new to shooting to come out to my range and shoot. Some are so nervous they dam near drop the gun when it goes off. Others give you "that" look when you suggest they start off with a .22LR.:rolleyes:
    I hope everyone is doing what they can when they can to help and encourage new shooters. Not just bragging around the water cooler. So post up your experience of helping others or if your new and want some words of wisdom we can hopefully cut thru the BS and get you what you need.:metal2:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  2. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

I was at my local Academy Sports & Outdoors, looking at gun cleaning STUFF. The salesmen were going crazy with the over load of customers buying firearms so there was no one able to answer my dumb question. There was a man scanning the same aisle so i asked excuse me.I am a new shooter and gun owner. I am confused at what to buy for gun cleaning. For the next fifteen minutes he not only directed me to a good all purpose starting kit good for one handgun. He also gave me tips and decent instructions on how to properly clean and lube the firearm. He congratulated me on a smart life choice, I thanked him a lot, and we parted.

3. buildit

buildit Goofy Owner

That's awesome and I bet he enjoyed chatting about the sport he loves as much as you appreciate the good advice.;)