Ruger Talk Forums banner

641 - 647 of 647 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks for the kind comment :)

The images above are just the tip of the iceberg; I own many others, but I don't consider what I own a collection nor do I consider myself a "gun collector" - moreso a "firearm enthusiast". Why? because with very few exceptions I shoot what I own, and by exceptions I'm referring to firearms that are unfired or where firing them would decrease their inherent value. I've also in recent years sold off the majority of blowback milsurp pistols that I owned because they're just too painful for me to shoot.

My Father, an FFL holder prior to my birth, was a collector...a collector of percussion revolvers, particularly Colt 1860 Army, 1861 Navy, the 1873 Single Action Army models, etc., along with Sharps rifles and early Winchester repeating rifles, preferring these types of antique firearms over those that utilized modern metallic cartridges. He was a member and officer of a local antique firearms association and would often show his collection twice a year along with other like minded individuals. I distinctly remember the unique smell of old leather, Civil War uniforms, and other period correct items that permiated your nostrils upon entering the show...

I think I was around 5 years old when my Father introduced me to the smell of Hoppe's No. 9, which was when my interest in firearms began:

:)
OUTSTANDING AMERICAN PATRIOT !

·
Registered
107 Posts
Finally had the time to take some single actions to the range today! View attachment 13076
Looking good!

I've never gotten bitten by the single action revolver bug, but a while back I purchased a neglected New Model Super Blackhawk stainless model in .44mag as a restoration project. With some patience, the proper techniques, and lastly the correct abrasives, the results can be quite surprising...

Some before and after pics:

I very much enjoy performing restoration work on stainless steel firearms, and although I usually hold onto what I restore, I ocassionally sell one, e.g., I purchased the above revolver about two years ago for $425 OTD, and I sold it just this past week for $650 :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looking good!

I've never gotten bitten by the single action revolver bug, but a while back I purchased a neglected New Model Super Blackhawk stainless model in .44mag as a restoration project. With some patience, the proper techniques, and lastly the correct abrasives, the results can be quite surprising...

Some before and after pics:

I very much enjoy performing restoration work on stainless steel firearms, and although I usually hold onto what I restore, I ocassionally sell one, e.g., I purchased the above revolver about two years ago for $425 OTD, and I sold it just this past week for $650 :)
Nice looking shooter I had a Black hawk 5.5" & Red Hawk 7.5" in .44 Magnum I wish I had kept them . In the 1980's I was into Metallic silhouette shooting and reloaded .44 Magnum & casting my lead Keith bullets .The Ram ,Turkey ,Pig , Chicken, were fun to shoot. I even had a set made for the .22LR in the mid 80's for my Son's to shoot as they were very young starting out 5 & 9 yrs old and with the .22 they could knock the targets down.

·
Registered
107 Posts
At this time I'd like to add, that contrary to the recent comments made by a certain individual on their personal blog who may or may not still be a member of this forum, every firearm in every image that I've posted in this or any other thread here at RugerTalk and every other forum across the internet in which I participate, are images of my personally owned firearms. On occasion, like everyone else, I may post an image of a firearm that I do not own for purposes of identification, but when I do so I always make that distinction/proclamation.

I don't want accolades, I don't need likes, and I most certainly don't need to misrepresent myself here or anywhere else. I won't however stand for anyone misrepresenting me because they always have to have someone else to blame for not being able to control themselves in a civil and respectful manner while participating in a privately owned and properly moderated publis discussion forum.

My apologies for the thread sidetrack, but the above needed to be said.

·
Registered
321 Posts
At this time I'd like to add, that contrary to the recent comments made by a certain individual on their personal blog who may or may not still be a member of this forum, every firearm in every image that I've posted in this or any other thread here at RugerTalk and every other forum across the internet in which I participate, are images of my personally owned firearms. On occasion, like everyone else, I may post an image of a firearm that I do not own for purposes of identification, but when I do so I always make that distinction/proclamation.

I don't want accolades, I don't need likes, and I most certainly don't need to misrepresent myself here or anywhere else. I won't however stand for anyone misrepresenting me because they always have to have someone else to blame for not being able to control themselves in a civil and respectful manner while participating in a privately owned and properly moderated publis discussion forum.

My apologies for the thread sidetrack, but the above needed to be said.
Don't pay that gas bag troll any mind just add him to the ignore list. I like to see your firearms collection especially the old turn of the century colt semi autos.John Dillinger had an 1902 colt .32 in his hand when he was killed. Much like the one you have.

641 - 647 of 647 Posts