Ruger Talk Forums banner

601 - 620 of 647 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just picked up this vintage HK a few days ago....

HK P9S .45ACP made in 1982. Normally these came in DAO but at some point in its history a gunsmith modified it to SAO.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Those are some awesome pics on the link. The little girl sitting on the edge gave me a scary feeling.
I had a CZ 75 that I also sold. I decided to cut back on the amount of guns I had back then that I wasn't partial to and I haven't had any regrets selling it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those are some awesome pics on the link. The little girl sitting on the edge gave me a scary feeling.
I had a CZ 75 that I also sold. I decided to cut back on the amount of guns I had back then that I wasn't partial to and I haven't had any regrets selling it.
Thanks! That's my wife, on the edge of Kasha Katuwe, New Mexico.
Awesome place!

·
Registered
992 Posts

HK P9S .45ACP made in 1982. Normally these came in DAO but at some point in its history a gunsmith modified it to SAO.
That's an interesting piece. Is it light weight? It looks like it wouldn't have a lot of slide weight. I don't think I've ever seen one of those before.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think it's about 31 ounces. It feels very good in your hands...1911ish. I use to own an HK USP and often stumbled across articles or posts by HK aficionados praising this pistol. Needless to say, I became intrigued and now I have one. Can't wait to try it out but because of the age and the fact it hasn't been fired in 30 years, I'm having an HK Master Armor give it a thorough cleaning and safety check first.
Here's a good read about the pistol http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/my-review-on-the-recently-acquired-hk-p9s-9mm.1547529/

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts

Damn, that slide gets down real near goctcha territory. :)

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #613
My latest paint job on a black plastic rifle stock.

100_5911.jpg

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Nice. How many coats of clear do you spray on?

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #615
I've done a few black plastic rifles , and usually I end up with 6-7 coats of clear coat to get that smooth clear deep look that I like.

After 14 days or more of curing , I then give it a good coat of .......

nxt.jpg

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I have a few Colt revolvers so I needed an appropriate holster for them.

Attachments

601 - 620 of 647 Posts