ahh, calif.

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by shadecorp, Jun 30, 2015.

1. shadecorp

shadecorp Member

I want the new
    Redhawk
    .45 Colt-.45 ACP
    but not legal in calif. :mad:

2. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Got to love it! NOT!!!

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Old sayin...

Where CA goes the country soon follows....:rolleyes:

Jim

4. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Guess you've got 2 choices.............................

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

It will not be a big loss if CA breaks off and falls into the ocean. Actually that would be a much more humane death than dying of thirst or hunger which seems to be the future plans for the people there.
    Why doesn't the Redhawk pass CA BS gun infringement?

6. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Actually, I think that they are trying to bankrupt everyone, so they can get on the dole.......................................

7. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I believe it's because all new models ("new" could just be different grips) must have micro-stamping in the chamber and on the firing pin.

As I understand it, micro-stamping will allow them to trace guns by matching the fired case to the gun it came from.

The firearm manufactures/pro-gun side claim micro-stamping can not be done with today's technology so................... :mad:

Even if the science for micro-stamping did exist, the crooks could easily defeat it with a pencil grinder and a new firing pin!

This is what I've heard, please correct me if I'm wrong.

8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

There are going to be fired cases laying around?

The manufacturer can probably microstamp the cylinder chambers with a bit of ingenuity...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  9. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

You are correct. Among other things. But that's the most of it.

10. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

That really doesn't work when smart BG uses a revolver so not to leave cases behind.
    My LGS showed me on a rifle the ID stamp which was on the receiver I believe. I really don't see how the ID stamps will do any good unless the stamp number is recorded when the gun is sold. IMO it isn't any different than a gun serial number written down when buying a gun now. You can bet criminals are not so stupid as to use a gun that can ID themselves.
    I don't think the ID stamp of the casing is going to happen. I don't live in CA so for all I know it might already be a done deal.