Aftermarket slide release for SR9c?

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Modeler, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Modeler

Modeler New Member

My first carry gun was an SR9c. I loved it, but the holster selection was (at the time) fairly limited and I wasn't happy that the slide lock wasn't also a slide release. Holster selection is certainly better now, has anyone found a way to replace the slide lock with a slide release? I didn't like having to use two hands to chamber a round with the slide locked back.

2. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat New Member

My SR9c is difficult to release from slide lock also, so I am interested to hear what others say. I can do it, but not quickly. It is easier to use the support hand now.

3. metalgearmurder

metalgearmurder New Member

Mine was literally unreleasable with the lock. I smithed the slide catch very carefully until I got it right.

Sent from my XT907 using Ruger Forum mobile app

4. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

I searched for one for my SR40, didn't have any luck. I did a light polish on it, and just wear from using the gun it eventually has gotten to the point of releasing the slide from lock. I got use to racking it to release it and still do that now because it has been engrained into my manual of arms for the SR.

I also found if I insert the new mag extra hard it releases by itself quite often.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

5. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

If you will read your guns instruction manual, I know real men don't read the instructions, you will see that Ruger didn't design the slide lock to release the slide for a reload.!:confused:

Ruger says load via slingshot method.

As grandpa used to say "do as you please, cause you will anyway":cryinglaugh:

Enjoy your Ruger pistol:D

6. realultpwr

realultpwr New Member

Funny my lc9 was the same way but has worn in to release with the slide stop, of course I read the manual and I didn't catch anything saying that it was not designed that way, but of course they are two diffrent firearms so who knows