Adding Bolt Lock to MKI

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by heli_av8tor, Mar 1, 2014.

1. heli_av8tor

heli_av8tor New Member

I want to add a bolt lock after last round fires feature to my Mark I.
    Has anyone done this?

I'm thinking I can use the appropriate parts from the MKII and modify the receiver & frame to accept them.

Any insights you can share, problems encountered, or other advice is welcomed.

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear New Member

While it's possible to modify the frame, it's complicated and a PIA to do. I'd HIGHLY recommend buying a mk2 and keep your standard model (or target, whichever it is) as is. If you have to pay a gunsmith to do it, the conversion will likely cost you close to what a mk2 would to begin with. You do know you can manually lock the bolt open with the safety right?

3. mark

mark Member

Years ago you could buy a taller plastic follower that replaced the factory one in the mark 1 clip that stuck up far enough to hold the bolt open after the last shot. Cut you back to 8 rounds, but workede great for target shooters who only loaded 5 rounds at a time.. Then as Stalkingbear said you can lock the bolt open with the safty. Reload the clip and pop the safty off, and ready to shoot away.
    Probably not to hard to make a taller follower, if you could live with that plan.
    Just someplace I have been..