Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this NIB LCRx 3" yesterday. Man, this gun is light as a feather, and the trigger and sights are great. Hope to get it to the range this weekend.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice !! 38 or 357 ? Let us know how it shoots.. By the way how do you like those ammo strips, I've only used speed loaders. Again nice revolver

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice !! 38 or 357 ? Let us know how it shoots.. By the way how do you like those ammo strips, I've only used speed loaders. Again nice revolver
This one is in .38 Special + P. As far as the speed strips, I like them for carry, but they are a tad slow on the reload. The best I can do is two rounds at a time.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Looking for range report as to how it handles 38+P for felt recoil. I like speed strips because they are so much easier to conceal carry.

·
Registered
575 Posts
They are growing on me...but I'm not yet ready to buy one.

When they started making the J-Frame in .357, I just had to have one. Then I shot it. It's still my favorite carry piece, but I use .38 special in it.

I bet .38+P in a plastic revolver will be unpleasant. Not a pleasure shooter, but perhaps a CC piece.

I'm curious to hear about your experience.

Reactions: rugertoter

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been working so much, so that I can have six days off over Christmas, that I have not had the chance to shoot it yet. Those days off I have coming though, I intend to shoot the snot out of it.

I will pull this thread back up, and post some pics and a report.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, I finally got to the range this morning with this wonderful revolver. Sorry I don't have pics of my usual paper plate targets, for I picked up a steel plate target, and shoot that now.

This 3" LCRx is a wonderful revolver. The trigger is great, and it handled all rounds without any issues at all. I ran 25 rounds of PPU, 158 grain LRN. I ran 20 rounds of 130 grain FMJ. Also, I ran 25 rounds of a Remington 125 grain + P .38 Special as well, and the difference in felt recoil was minimal.

The Hogue grips are perfect for this revolver, and kinda have a Bisley shape to them, that I like very well. Like I said, either the grips or just the gun as a whole, but I could not really tell a big difference between the standard pressure or the + P's.

I shot, double action, from 5 and 7 yards, and hit the 6" plate without any issues at all. I then went to 10 yards, shooting double/single action, and hit the plate with all rounds fired...some were on the edge of the plate while shooting DA, but they hit it.

I have bought a Tigua OWB thumb break holster for it, and it fits to a "T". I am very happy with this revolver, and will take it to my grave. I highly recommend it! ;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Glad to hear you like it. It's really growing on me. Something to add to the watch list.

Reactions: rugertoter
1 - 13 of 13 Posts