Added another Italian

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by phideaux, Oct 8, 2015.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I just been wanting a hicap full size, 9mm , and this one kept me awake the most..:)

Beretta M9 A1 9mm 17+ 1,
    Ill be getting a 20 rnd mag for it.

I looked at it early in the week, (along with several other 9mm hicap) , and this is the one that kept me awake the most.

It came with factory grips and case, Hogue grip, manuals, loader, 3 mags, cleaning junk, and a receipt.

GREAT shootin gun , took it to the range, just before sundown, shot little over 150 rnds.

001.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

First target, at 20 yrds, was trying to find my sight pic, and getting use to the gun,I started with Win 147 grn JHP, then went to Win 124 gr FMJ, that closed up the group and moved closer to center, then I tried Fed 115 FMJ bulk,that started hitting center and grouping better. I shot 3 groups of 6.

The second target ,also, at 20 yrds was done with a hand load that I have found (in other guns) works really well , and so it did here also. The center mass shots, 2 groups of 6) were ok, then the last six were to the head. The gun will out shoot me.
    Both targets were done off a little MTM pistol rest.

Then I went to 35 yrds and free hand was ringin steel, then 50 yrds and ringin steel , with a few jittery misses.

Trigger is very nice , take up the travel, (in SA), and breaks like glass at about 5lbs. reset is very short.
    Recoil is minimum,I did try some rapid fire at steel plates and was ringing them easily every shot at 20 yrds.

008.jpg

010.jpg

Jim

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Looking good there buddy!

3. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Excuse me while I go get a mop to clean up all this drool!!!!!!
    Wow!

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Yep nice shooting and I just bought the Taurus clone to it. So naturally I really like the looks of it. Berettas stand out more in a crowd because their looks are unique IMO.

5. phideaux

I guess I shoulda started at a closer range than 20 yrds, probably woulda had better groups, maybe,
    I usually do, and dont know why I chose to start at 20yrds, I guess from all Ive read about the Beretta , I was just excited, and expected it to perform.

Im not a marksman anymore, eyes , shaky, hands aint that good.

Jim

6. Birddogyz

Birddogyz In the army now..

Congrats Jim......

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Nice score Jim...congrats !!

I only own one Beretta....the 9000S Type D in 9x19mm.

Bought it used from a friend who was looking to upgrade to what you got.

It only had one mag through it...and I got the 40 cartridges left in the box.

[​IMG]

Type: Pistol
    Produced: 2000 - 2005
    Caliber: 9x19mm
    Action: recoil operated semi-automatic
    Trigger: double-action (DA/SA)
    Safety: frame mounted safety/decock lever
    Magazine: 10-round
    Frame: polymer
    Grips: plastic
    Sights: fixed 3-dot
    Notes: hard chromed bore barrel
    Barrel Length: 3.5 in.
    Overall Length: 6.6 in.
    Height: 4.8 in.
    Width: 1.7 in.
    Weight: 27.5 oz.

8. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

They are a nice shooting/functioning firearm...........................put in a "D" spring and lighten up that da pull. My 96 is one of my favorite firearms.

9. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

10. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Nice score. Congrats.

11. berettabone

I like em.......................I painted the sights white for my old eyes, can't see the red too good any more.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  12. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Hey buddy,
    You ain't got the corner on that market. Hands shake, eyes are starting to get tired and I sure don't have the stamina I used to have. These are supposed to be the golden years but I haven't seen any gold yet. I keep buying WD40 and call them my 40 years. I use it instead of Right Guard so I can keep the joints loose. :cheesy:
    Tommy

13. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

I enjoy a Storm & 96 in 40 and recently acquired a 92A1, looking for a holster for the 92 so I can add a rail master.

14. berettabone

The foaty is my favorite caliber to shoot. Some say it's too snappy, and I say, I like snappy............;)................

15. buster40c

I agree I like the foaty also. I don't see much difference from shooting the nine. I do know the gun makes a big difference in recoil. The SR40c gets my vote. I have to say I do like my new 92 clone Beretta in a nine.

16. phideaux

Exactly why do you like that 92 clone ?

I must have missed that range report...;):)

Jim

17. buster40c

I like the long 5" sight pic, the smooth operation, the looks of it, and feels good in the hand. I probably shoot it as good if not better than my Sig and the Sig has always been my best shooter. I was wanting a high cap 5" barrel pistol under $400 and I am quite satisfied with this Taurus, hack- flem in my throat, 92 series. I had thought about the RIA but even it was more expensive than this Taurus. The Taurus 92 series has a better reliability history than most all other Taurus models. That's probably because it is a clone even made in an old Beretta factory with the Beretta machines that were set up for the 92 series. Some like the Taurus having the decocker/safety on the frame not the slide like the Beretta has.
    I really like how easy this gun is to strip down for cleaning. People can say what they want about Taurus and I agree it seems a crap shoot if you will get a good one but I have two Rossi/Taurus clones of S&W model 36 revolvers that are IMO super fine snubby guns. This Beretta cloned 92 seems it also will be a really good gun.
    All said, I found what I was looking for.
    The target was 15 shots from 29' free handed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  18. berettabone

I noticed "it" the first time I racked a 92/96 series Beretta. It just has a feel, a sound, of smoothness, quality and fit. Like you said, it breaks down easier than most semi's for cleaning. There is a reason why the military uses/used them. For desert use, they coated them, and coated the mags for durability against mother mature and sand. Also, the design of the firearm and mags allows for certain machined areas to be able to "funnel" sand away that gets in the firearm. They would continue to work under these conditions, where other semi's would cease to function, or have many FTE's FTF's etc. A 92 is the first firearm my wife shot. I have owned/own 5 92's and 2 96's. Will always have a least one in the stable. I will get argument, but I believe, one of the top 5 handguns made. Can you tell I'm a bit bias? I will admit, I shoot my H&K better than my Beretta, but not by much................;)