Activists Planned to Burn U.S. Flag

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Haugrdr, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Haugrdr

Haugrdr New Member

*Warning...NSFW...Language*

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-when-they-showed-up-these-guys-were-waiting/

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

I wish I would catch somebody trying to burn an American Flag...just once !! :mad:

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

This is exactly what its going to take..

Bikers and Veterans...huh....wheres everybody else?

I have said it many times, "I hope I get to participate " before I get too old.
    Your a biker, Im a veteran...if I knew that a bunch of idiots were gonna burn the stars and stripes in my area I'd be there ...thats a promise.

Hey, lets get together (Oct) and go kick some protestin boody.:cool:

Jim

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I did notice it looked like they had properly cut up the flag for burning. Notice the pieces the guy was removing from the fire.
    But yes this is all BS and I strongly feel every protester should be checked to see if he/she is drawing any type of government welfare assistance. If so then they need to be taken off the dole. You want to protest and burn the flag then leave this country voluntarily or be thrown out. I guarantee they will be the first ones trying to get back in.
    People need to understand our country nor its flag are what should be protested. The shadow evil bastards running the government is who need be protested against. This country and its people are not to blame for the crap going down right now and for especially the last 10 years. That's right Obama isn't the only one that has screwed this country over even though he has maximized the effort.

5. phideaux

Apparently our Flag, Stars and Stripes ,Old Glory, doesn't mean much to others ,

Do you see the Flag as a piece of cloth, or as AMERICA, land of the free and home of the brave?

I wonder if they seen , first hand blood and guts of friends shed on the battlefield.

Like our beloved POTUS always said , We cant be bullys,
    We can if we want to maintain what "Old Glory" stands for.

Heres a few quotes from another bunch of guys , on another Gun forum ,I frequent.

I find it difficult to get worked up over burning a prettily colored piece of cloth. I just don't have that gene.

Those threatening violence are simply behaving like thugs.

Now, if these big, bad azz bikers had shown up, and when the fools tried to burn a flag, the bikers had all pulled out high powered squirt guns, well, that would be a good day for 'our side'.

Im pretty sure , Veterans think our Flag is more than a colored piece of cloth, and fighting for it wasn't thugly, and didn't use toys to fight with.

Wow !! Talking about a Divided Nation, looks like that's been accomplished...huh?

Am I wrong here?

Jim

6. Haugrdr

Haugrdr New Member

This is just the way I think:

The flag itself gives us the right to burn it, if we so choose. We have the freedom to protest, burning the flag is one of those freedoms.

BUT...I also think that if you burn a flag, you better watch out. Some people may not like it. And you may get your butt kicked. Same-same...if your free to burn it, I'm free to do something about that.

7. phideaux

Burning our flag is a freedom..

but,

I think burning it would fall under the same precept as" Yelling Fire in a crowded theater" there will be consequences.

Where is that line crossed?

Jim

8. uniongap

uniongap New Member

Here is what I just posted on the other forum, it is , what it is!

I am disappointed in the things said in this thread. My father and his father and his father all fought for that flag. I even have relatives that fought for the Stars and Bars. The flag is not just a prettily colored piece of cloth, it is a great symbol of every thing America stands for. As for week argument, I believe everybody that lives in this country ought to have been insulted by the burning of that flag. I certainly am, and also am insulted that the Confederate Flag is used to be an racial symbol. Those bikers were Vets that had buddy's die in front of them on the battle field. If you were not there you do not have a dog in that argument. If I had been there I would have also shouted at them for burning what I consider a sacred symbol. Yes they have a right to burn, but they also have to suffer the reaction of every red blooded American that loves this country. Freedom of speech is a right for anyone, it does not say there are no repercussions of that speech. If you are going to say something you should be willing to take what ever heat comes your way.

9. phideaux

I hope your not disappointed in this thread..

Jim

10. uniongap

uniongap New Member

nope not yet

11. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

The thing I can't understand is just what is there about this country that they hate so bad that they feel compelled to burn the flag which is a symbol of this country's heritage and all?
    Do that they have food on their table to feed themselves and their kids?
    Do they have money in their pocket?
    Can they go to church and believe on God if they so desire?
    Do they have a place to live out of the elements?
    I am guessing that these flag burners are paid to do these kinds of actions to instigate more trouble.
    I have heard many people say if you travel to other countries you will appreciate what we take for granted in the USA.
    I haven't heard the reasoning from these flag burners as to why they are doing it. Just what is so bad here that they feel such hatred? I guess they are related to Michelle and can't understand what the big deal is about a flag. She is such a hypocrite. Yeah this country has so held her back because of her color. NOT! All that the flag stands for is why she was able to get to where she is today. An African American living in the White House isn't enough proof of the freedom equal to all? If a person can't make it in this country it dang straight isn't because the opportunity isn't there or the color of your skin.
    In this country you get to make your own bed and you have nobody to blame but yourself if you don't like laying in it.

12. uniongap

uniongap New Member

Looks like I will be around here for a while, I just quit the other forum. The Admin did not like my post. When it dose not make a difference that we had people serve and the flag is not the symbol we think it is, that was it for me!

13. phideaux

Its just a piece of colored cloth,
    nothing to get excited about.:rolleyes:

That does cut pretty deep.

Jim

14. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

It just makes me sick

15. phideaux

If you can watch this....and your not touched in your heart.

Well..

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E[/ame]

Jim

16. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Burning The flag before its time (the proper disposal procedure for a wornout flag includes burning) ought to be tantamount to rejecting US citizenship - if you have that. If you don't, you're just another dork. I use 'dork' because this is a civilized forum, and asterisks have no weight at all.