Ability to Defend Yourself

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by threetango, Apr 21, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

HMMM I wonder why Obama needs to close off several floors of a Hotel and have an army like to protect him with guns all at tax payers expense but the people should not be allowed to protect themselves with their own guns that they themselves paid for?

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

ooh , ooh, ooh, I got it.....

He ( Obamma) told me yesterday ....

He said I was much safer today than I was 30 years ago....

because of his foreign policies....

:cheesy:
    :cheesy:

Jim

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Um... 30 years ago (1985) the USSR and USA were still waving ICBM arsenals at each other, so you may be safer now. Not clear what the current prez had to do with changing that.

:confused:

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

The Washington Times reports, “exactly two years after President Obama’s bid for gun control following the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting died in Congress, a new poll has discovered a huge shift in public opinion to backing Second Amendment gun rights and away from controlling gun ownership.”

“The reason: Americans now believe having a gun is the best way to protect against crime, 63 percent to 30 percent.”

“Pew Research Center found that while support for gun control once reached 66 percent, it has dropped to 46 percent while support for gun rights has jumped 52 percent, the highest ever in the past 25 years.”

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

All I know is , there is a group, worse than the USSR, thats swarming all over the planet , and growing everyday.
    While we are playing patty cake with Iran, .....dont want to offend them ,I guess.

I lived thru that cold war, and I can tell ya I feel a lot moe threatened now than I did then.

I spent 1966-1968 with uncle sam, and I can tell ya I thought I had seen bad people....ha....those Charlies were pussycats compared to this ISIS bunch.

Jim

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I know what you guys are talking about. I am more concerned about our countrys future now than I have been over the last 40 years. And it's not the bad guys that concern me as much as the idiots we have in Congress. We have a president who is more interested in his legacy (which ain't much) than he is the common folk who walk on our streets everyday. One day, I fear, and mean it, we are going to get hit again, with another attack like we did in 9/11/01 and I think it's going to be worse. Our president, along with his cronies and his blasse' attitude are going to get more of us killed and he will never admit that it is due to his policies and actions. All he is doing is riding out his term and letting the next president, regardless of who it is, take the blame. How he has lasted this long is beyond me. When is Congress going to start vetoing his actions and take more positive steps toward Iran and other rogue nations. Time will tell, but how much time do we have before it does tell us something? Enough of my rant as by now I am sure you are aware of my feelings. I apologize if I have offended any others on this forum as this was not my intent-consider it my rant!!
    Tommy

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Having to much time on my hands I am finding out things I wish were just conspiracy lunacy but when we can't deny the existence of the Patriot Act and the NDAA then we have some hard facts in our face. If the American people read how unconstitutional these two acts alone are they would realize our biggest threat is now from within our own government. Our military fighting for our constitutional freedoms and rights is sadly to say just an outright false belief. Truth be told our military is a tax paid army for the elite that are trying to control and run the world.
    Obama isn't done yet and I fail to see any proof of his not continuing to totally transform this country. Anyone that thinks we as a country have a safer future today than we had in the 60's never lived in the 60's and are totally kept in the dark as to what is really going on today.
    If I stepped on any toes{feelings} I am sorry to say but your toes{feelings} are going to be the least of your worries or pain. If we Americans can get through these times with only our toes getting a little stepped on then I will be happy as can be.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The Charlies were trying to get the invaders to go home. After we left they stayed home.

Did you have Bomb drills in elementary school - crawling under your desk? Remember the neighbors who could afford it getting holes in the ground fitted out as Bomb/Radiation shelters? Any of your .45-70s could give an ISSIS dude bad indigestion; wouldn't bother an ICBM much.

When I was in the Air Force, the Big Worry was still bomber groups coming over the pole, so we had the DEW line, and bases in Greenland and Newfoundland and Labrador.

I can see how it was simpler then for Joe Civilian, but I don't see safer.