Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

This is what became of the Last two Sow Feral Pigs we ate them for Easter Dinner I must say the hickory smoked Ribs Racks were good .

This is my 50th Anniversary Ruger 10 /22 Rifle its a tack driver with the CCI Velocitor 40 grain copper plated Hollow Point at 1435 FPS and in the Browning & Winchester offering with a Velocity of 1435 FPS Makes them the fastest 40 grain Copper Plated Hollow Points at 1435 FPS all three offerings shoot the same out of both my Ruger 10 /22 Rifles with the groups touching one another. The Primary Arms 1x4 scope has a red fire dot in the center of the cross hairs.

I have killed well over 150 Hogs since last August of 2020 with my Ruger 10 /22 Rifle some tipping the scale at well over 400 pounds .

These Pigs were hanging around the water hole yesterday so I decided to take a walk down to the water hole Today with my Ruger 10/22 in hand and I ran out 2 Red & Black Shoats Feral Hogs One Boar & One Sow I took aim at the Sow from 50 yards and I put a CCI Velocitor 40 grain copper plated Hollow Point 1435 FPS between Her eyes the boar ran back into the thicket the Sow dropped like a stone. The CCI Velocitor is my favorite .22 LR ammo , But I also favor the Browning & Winchester of the same exact loading ,all three have a Velocity of 1435 FPS these three Loadings I found to be the Fastest 40 grain Copper Plated Hollow Points on the Market they hit very hard and penetrate very deep and leave a Nice big wound channel .I have killed coyotes at 100 yards with this ammo with a shoulder shot exit wounds was the size of a Nickle see Black Coyote photo below .

This Little Sow became 25 Pounds of Southern Mild sweet Sausage this has been Donated to a Needy Man Locally .

This Black Coyote was killed at 100 yards with a Ruger 10 /22 rifle firing a CCI Velocitor 40 Grain copper plated hollow point at 1435 FPS the bullet exited the shoulder leaving a large exit wound going through both shoulders and heart dropping it in its tracks.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, this is really great stuff. Nice work.
Thank You
Just goes to show you never under estimate the power of the .22 LR . It puts them down without a problem shot placement is what its all about ,I am going to take one with a .22 caliber Benjamín Prowler Air Rifle if I can get with in 45 yards for a Head Shot into it's brain pan . My friend Brian Quacka AKA Pig Mam killed a Hog with a 177 caliber Gamo Air Rifle . Again shot placement is everything .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts