A new (to me) toy

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by VThillman, Apr 11, 2015.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I now own - at least 3rd hand - a fairly unusual gun.

Caliber - .22 Hornet

Action - Remington rolling block

The action has been cleaned up externally, and made functional. The Remington stamping on the tang is still mostly legible, after the rust and dings were polished out. A new .22 Hornet barrel was installed; there are no stampings on it anywhere. The barrel and action were hot blued. A Fager monte carlo stock and forend were attached. A scope base, rings and scope were mounted. I could take a picture, but have no way to post it here (that I know of).

I'm guessing that the proud owner got some shooting in before the extractor fell out. Cases must be 'hooked' out now, no big deal but kinda slow. I'm going to bring it to my gunsmith after I've played with it for awhile, to see if he can toggle up an extractor.

The gun looks good - and unusual - and I hope to punch some paper with it. The Remington rolling block action saw use in the armies of many countries in the late 19th C. and later, chambered in 7mm and .43 Mauser, 11mm Egyptian, and I don't know what all else. It's simple, functional, and pretty slow to reload.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Why not , we all post pics all the time.

Use photobucket or postimage.org.

Hey....no pics .....it didnt happen;):rolleyes::)

Jim

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

VT,
    Send the pics if you can to Jim and he can post them. I have the same problem, I can't post pics with my ancient puter either. Would love to look at it!!
    Tommy

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I followed Jim's clue to postimage.org - and even got it to work. I am amazed.

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Great...

Thats a simple little photo storage thats easy, and you can set up your albums .

Thats an awesome looking rifle,
    and a cool/hot round too.

Jim

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter