a little crazy or way nuts?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by marcinstl, May 3, 2016.

1. marcinstl

marcinstl New Member

I have some health issues that prevent me from mounting and shooting a 12ga., even with light target loads. so I notice that Taurus makes a revolver/shotgun, the Judge, and it can be ordered with a 6 1/2" barrel.
    box of clays, hand launcher, shoot skeet with a .410 revolver?
    doable? maybe even fun?

2. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I don't see why not. I've seen sleet shot with a T/C Contender chambered the same.

3. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

It would be worth a try. What's the worst that could happen?

4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

The .410 is small enough out of a 28" barrel. Out of a 6 1/2"? Gonna have to be close range to break clays with it. 10-15 yards max is what I'm thinking.

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm thinkin it would be a lot of fun.

I sure would like to try it.

Dang .410 shot shells are so expensive.:mad:
    (compared to 12 and 20 ga)

Jim

6. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I'd also like to try that. Go ahead and call me crazy, but I bet that would be a ton of fun!

7. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

That's a good point. They certainly aren't cheap!

Probably would be! Be interesting trying to get the sights aligned and then trying to lead the clay......might be a good idea to try a red dot? I've shot skeet with a red dot on my 500 - worked pretty well, actually.

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I strongly suggest you shoot a Judge before you buy one. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best rating I rate that gun at about a 3 but that is just my opinion after shooting one a friend has. The trigger is horrible and dang near need a tow truck to pull it. The 410 shot spreads really large at even 15'. Now that wasn't a six inch barrel though.
    I would get a 20ga. shotty and be much happier all around. But like they say about opinions.......everybody has one.

9. marcinstl

marcinstl New Member

hmmm, the Judge trigger might need some work.........................
    I went back up to greg_r's comment about the TC Contender. I've been aware of that gun for years but never looked to close. might be the way to go and then there's all those other barrels for other projects.
    (this whole idea started with some friends wondering where we could shoot clays with pistols, 9mm and .45acp. none of us knows of a safe place around here to do that. sounds like fun if you lived by a desert area.)

10. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I had a Contender with a 12" .410/45 barrel and that thing spread waaaay out at just 10 yards,had a hard time hitting sitting rabbits with it,wouldn't think of trying to shoot clays with it.