Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my Youth I did some book reading by Elmer Keith & Ed McGivern , Bob Munden , Bill Jordan , RL Wilson I think some of you might enjoy the following books about Pistol & Revolver shooting & Big Game Hunting.

1. HELL I WAS THERE by Elmer Keith
2. SIXGUNS by Elmer Keith
3.Big Game Hunting by Elmer Keith
4.Fast & Fancy Revolver Shooting by ED McGivern
5. Six Gun Magic by Bob & Becky Munden
6. No Second Place Winner by Bill Jordan
7. Ruger & his Guns by R.L. Wilson

You can get most of these for the E BOOK Readers or order Hard copy thru Barnes & Nobel or Amazon .

I enjoyed these books and you may also.

·
Registered
192 Posts
In my Youth I did some book reading by Elmer Keith & Ed McGivern , Bob Munden , Bill Jordan , RL Wilson I think some of you might enjoy the following books about Pistol & Revolver shooting & Big Game Hunting.

1. HELL I WAS THERE by Elmer Keith
2. SIXGUNS by Elmer Keith
3.Big Game Hunting by Elmer Keith
4.Fast & Fancy Revolver Shooting by ED McGivern
5. Six Gun Magic by Bob & Becky Munden
6. No Second Place Winner by Bill Jordan
7. Ruger & his Guns by R.L. Wilson

You can get most of these for the E BOOK Readers or order Hard copy thru Barnes & Nobel or Amazon .

I enjoyed these books and you may also.
Interesting books by great people.
I like Bob, best shooter ever.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting books by great people.
I like Bob, best shooter ever.
It was sad to see that Bob Munden past away in 2012 , He was a great shooter holding 18 world records in shooting . I liked to see him shoot an aspirin thrown into the air with a .22 rifle he was one of the best exhibition shooters in the world. Also known as the fastest man alive he made a single action Pistol sound like an machine gun .

·
Registered
192 Posts
It was sad to see that Bob Munden past away in 2012 , He was a great shooter holding 18 world records in shooting . I liked to see him shoot an aspirin thrown into the air with a .22 rifle he was one of the best exhibition shooters in the world. Also known as the fastest man alive he made a single action Pistol sound like an machine gun .

So true.
The worlds best.
I once saw him shoot a balloon at 100 yards with a daisy bb gun and an aspirin with an arrow. He was much into his golden years and wore thick glasses.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So true.
The worlds best.
I once saw him shoot a balloon at 100 yards with a daisy bb gun and an aspirin with an arrow. He was much into his golden years and wore thick glasses.
DAVE NASH is a Master Marksman AKA .22 Pinkster on You Tube is an up and coming exhibition shooter.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He is a nice guy, and a good person as well.
I agree with you 100% . You should read some of the books I mentioned some of those guys served in the USMC and learned to shoot there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
While not directly about guns and shooting, both played a major role in three books I recently finished.
And Die in the West. Paula Mitchell Marks
The Last Gunfight. Jeff Guinn
Tombstone. Tom Glavin
Obviously, all three deal with Wyatt Earp, the OK Corral, its aftermath, and the Vendetta Ride.
After watching The Highwaymen on Netflix, was interested in a few more details, so my current read is,
Texas Ranger, The Epic Life of Frank Hamer. John Boessenecker.
Not quite a hundred pages in, but it's already clear this isn't a man you'd want to be on the wrong side of.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While not directly about guns and shooting, both played a major role in three books I recently finished.
And Die in the West. Paula Mitchell Marks
The Last Gunfight. Jeff Guinn
Tombstone. Tom Glavin
Obviously, all three deal with Wyatt Earp, the OK Corral, its aftermath, and the Vendetta Ride.
After watching The Highwaymen on Netflix, was interested in a few more details, so my current read is,
Texas Ranger, The Epic Life of Frank Hamer. John Boessenecker.
Not quite a hundred pages in, but it's already clear this isn't a man you'd want to be on the wrong side of.
I understand that Frank Hamer killed between 53-71 criminals in his role as a law enforcement officer . He died in 1955 at 71 years old from complications of a stroke he suffered in 1953. He died and is buried next to his Son in Austin Texas. His favorite firearms were the Winchester M1894 30-30 lever action rifle & the Colt 1911 .38 Super semi-auto Pistol .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts