Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Quality inspection missing that doesn't say much for the inspection line.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I have seen this happen before on a box of Remington rounds. Brand new factory rounds with a primer inserted upside down. Just because they are new rounds, take nothing for granted. Inspect all new rounds as we do our reloads. Take a few minutes and make sure that you don't encounter a situation such as this. Never let down your vigilance.
Tommy

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have seen this happen before on a box of Remington rounds. Brand new factory rounds with a primer inserted upside down. Just because they are new rounds, take nothing for granted. Inspect all new rounds as we do our reloads. Take a few minutes and make sure that you don't encounter a situation such as this. Never let down your vigilance.
Tommy

Beware of stupid people that can put your life in danger.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Found this in a box of Remington factory loads.

http://s6.postimg.org/k0oqyby29/primergoof.gif

Even I haven't managed to do that (did get one upside down...)
Bob,
Thank God you took the time to even notice that. I have seen people at the range just reach into their ammo box and grab rounds and insert them without looking. Glad you were observant and not hurt!!
Tommy

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bob,
Thank God you took the time to even notice that. I have seen people at the range just reach into their ammo box and grab rounds and insert them without looking. Glad you were observant and not hurt!!
Tommy
Actually, the different look, contrasting with the other rounds, 'jumped right out at me'.

I wonder what would happen in, say, my 1911 if the firing pin was able to ignite the primer. Probably at least primer flash in the wrong direction... what if enough primer fire made it through the flash hole to ignite the powder charge...?

I'm almost positive I ain't going to try it. Well, never mind the 'almost'.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Yeah. I do enough stupid stuff myself, don't need assistance.
Don't beat yourself up. I do stupid stuff all the time buddy. There are times when I am reloading, using my old Herters loader, that I keep all my shells in marked coffee cans: clean .45, ready to deprime and bell mouth, prime and then when all done us the can "ready to load". I can't tell you how many times I have got out of sequence and have to dump part of my shells and start over. I just get a brain fart and go haywire. It happens to all of us.
Tommy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts