A couple of my favorite knives

Discussion in 'Knife and Blade' started by Tommycourt, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

These are 2 of my treasured knives. One is a Korean War Ka-Bar with Ka-Bar on one side and USMC on the other. Leather handle needs to be re-done but I think I would loose the significance of it if I re-did it. One of my older buddys brought it home and gave it to me.

The second is a Cut-Co knife which was made approx. 1949-1953. I contacted the factory on how many were made and they couldn't tell me. They also said that it wasn't in production very long before they changed it. Carries a lifetime sharpening guarantee. One side say Model 1765 and the other, on the handle has the production #. I will probably never part with them although I don't know who to leave them to as my kids have no interest in them. Cut-Co is roll stamped into the blade and with original sheath.

Tommy

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Knives 2nd time trying to upload

This is my second time I tried to upload a photo. Just not puter literate I guess. And I got them upside down, nothing unusual for me.

Tommy

Attached Files:

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hang onto them ,

But, make sure they are willed to me...

Although I'm sure you will out live me, so I don't know what to tell you to do with them.

Tell your wife to sell them when your gone, and buy food.:waving:

Jim

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

You might check with your local VFW to see if they would be interested in them if they have historical items.
    For giggles or just interests you might check how much knives like those are valued at.

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,

The only other model 1765 I have seen was on E-Bay and he was asking $200.00 for it. He gave the model # and pic and it was the same as mine. When I called the factory and tried to get information, they said it has been so long since the knife was made that there was no one around who could give them a history on it. I keep searching the internet trying to find more info, however with no luck. When I went to the gun show a week or so ago, there was a Cut-Co rep. there selling Cut-Co knives but he was selling new models for kitchen use. They were high dollar knives! There was another booth who was selling knives and asked if they were interested in possibly purchasing my knife and he said "it was out of his league", whatever that meant. So presently I am stuck, but don't care. However should anyone have any info on this model, I would enjoy hearing from them.

Tommy

6. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

They are old knives,I wish they were mine!

7. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Like the blade design on your Cut Co, reminds me of the Puma knife my dad had.

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Gotta love a sharp Ka-Bar or even an OKC ( Ontario Knife Co ) M9 Bayonet for a good field / survival knife...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hell...even an old school Rambo will do

[​IMG]

or even a Machete...

[​IMG]

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Did someone mention Puma....!?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I like the Kabar. I had one I bought for myself when I was in the Corps. They issued Camillus. Everyone I knew bought their own Kabar. no self respecting Jarhead wanted the Camillus!

I lost mine to my kids. I used it to dress game and they thought I had used it in the line of duty. Not wanting to eat food I dressed with it, they took it out to the woods and buried it. Never could find it.

My most treasured knives are the one I good after dad died. All folders. But I keep them up. Pull them out to clean them and just look at them from time to time.

Two knives I am very fond of were made for me by a driver I hired. He asked me questions about what I liked in a knife. About a month later he brought me exactly what I described. I didn't know he was the owner of Oal Level Knives!

I ordered another from him. A small knife to wear horizontal on my belt. Again, I got exactly what I described.

I have ordered another from him, A sticker for hog hunting. He is running behind and it has been a few months now. He told me there was going to be two stickers. I also ordered another field knife. Can't wait to see them.

Here are the first two he made me.

Attached Files:

11. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

This is my attempt at knife making. Supposed to be a Skinner. It has some flaws, but not too bad an attempt. Made from a leaf spring off a car. The leather work leaves a lot to be desired. And I have to keep polishing it. It's bad to rust.

Attached Files:

12. Oldhand

Nice knife, my Colt Damascus Bouie knife

Attached Files:

13. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Did someone mention the Puma White Hunter? I don't have one of those.

The Skinner and folding Duke...

Attached Files:

14. Oldhand

Great looking knives.:)

15. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Nice looking knives Mag