Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was a kid, my grandfather had a beautiful Parker, 20 ga., side by side double. I have no idea what grade it was, but I remember how proud he was of it, and how I told myself that "one day" I was going to have a Parker of my own.

Well, I don't have it yet, but it's in the layaway bin with my name on it. It was made in 1921, is a Trojan grade (the lowest "working man's" class), 12 ga., 2 3/4" chambers, with 28" barrels, and modified and full chokes. It has been refinished, but it's a well done refinish. Mechanically it's as tight as the day it was made.

I got no real idea what I'll do with it. I don't hunt anymore, although I might be able to find a place to dove hunt this fall. Maybe I can find a place to shoot a few clays.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Nicely done! Looks beautiful!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
congrats on finding that beauty.

I know you will enjoy it.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Just don't pull both triggers at the same time. I knew a guy that did that with his 20 ga. dbl and it sure enough backed him up a step or two.
Do you know where your grandfathers gun is?
I knew a guy that had sold a revolver 20 years ago and dang if he didn't end up owning it again. Now that's like one in a thousand of happening.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Do you know where your grandfathers gun is?
Oh Yea. His son, my uncle of course, has it. I said I didn't remember seeing my grandfather use it, but I do remember my uncle using it. He killed a really nice 7 point whitetail with one day when we were rabbit hunting I recall.

I once sold a gun, then years later bought the same gun again. :D I also traded one to a shop, then came back a couple of months later, and they still had it, so I bought it back.

The pull the twin trigger thing I've never done. I've owned several SXS shotguns over the years. All of them had double triggers. The first gun I ever bought myself, in those long ago days before the GCA68, was a Sears-Roebuck double 12 with 30" barrels, modified and full choke. A rebadged Stevens 311. I was about 15 years old. I worked six days a week as a farm hand for $5.00 a day to pay for that gun, $79.95 if I remember correctly, a brown canvas hunting coat, and a couple boxes of shells. My mother called Sears and ordered it out of the catalog for me. I left the money with her. A couple of days later the Sears truck pulled up and dropped off the gun. It could just as well have been a Holland and Holland as far as I was concerned. I toted that thing for many a mile around Hanover, Henrico, and New Kent Counties before I finally decided I had to have a fancy repeater and sold it to buy a Winchester 1300.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The price on the tag is $999.99. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts