9mm target ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by buster40c, Apr 18, 2019.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I am interested in what 9mm ammo you use for target/practice shooting? What do you find that shoots cleanest? Are you using your own or factory reloads?

2. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Buster,

I really like MagTech. Not the plain blue and white box, but the dark blue and gold box. It's clean, accurate, and seems to be a little hotter than other practice ammo. It's a little more spendy than UMC or WWB though...

3. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

I only shoot brass shells through my pistols. That being said I like the Fiocchi and Sellier and Bellot. Why? They are cheap enough for the range and quality is excellent. Clean up has been easy and did I say that are relatively cheap for brass ammo.

4. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

I like the Speer Lawman ammo.
    It's in a cobalt blue sexy box...LOL
    It shoots ljust ike the Speer Golddots and it is very clean ammo.
    comes in 115/124/147 grains FMJ

5. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

Remington is fairly inexpensive for target practice. Good quality as other brands mentioned and burns cleaner than most or just as good. Most definitely burns cleaner than Winchester brand.
    I don't have trouble cleaning my guns or spend hours cleaning with this ammo. The barrel is also quickly cleaned up as long as you fire jacketed. Any lead, you'll spend a good amount of your time scrubbing with a green scrubby.

quirky likes this.
  6. quirky

quirky Active Member

Like Mag above says stay away from the lead, fire jacketed copper only. That means the entire bullet jacketed. Not with hollow out lead in it. I made the mistake at an indoor range once of firing Winchester white box semi-jacketed and was tasting lead for 3 days after. (just another reason I can't stand indoor ranges)

mrmike7189 likes this.
  7. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

Amen to that brother. Can't tell you how many times I get that same metal taste at the tip of the tongue or sometimes a tooth filling.

mrmike7189 likes this.