9MM FN ammo with inner sleeve

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Tommycourt, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I understand that Fabrique National makes the 9mm FN round but I have noticed that in the head of the casing there is an inner casing support. Can someone tell me the purpose of this support or inner shell and is it safe to resize and reload?

Tommy

2. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Never heard if it.
    Anyone, Anyone.........

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I will try, TRY to get some pics of the brass tomorrow and post it on the thread. I have checked all over the net for the last 3 hours and can NOT find anything pertaining to these rounds. The insert is from the head of the casing down to about 1/3 of the skirt. EVERY one of them is an FN round, 9mm Luger. As of right now, I sorted out a 2lbs. can of brass and came up with about 30 rounds. Personally I am not going to reload or try to reload them. They do not have the Berdain (sp) primer in them. Let's see what tomorrow brings and maybe we can figure this out.

Tommy

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I have found out some more information on these rounds that I previously spoke about. They are NOT FN but they are FM, which I believe is Freedom Munitions. Problem I have encountered is there is not much information on this manufacturer and they do sell remanufactured rounds, basically reloads. I have included a photo, (best I could get) of the round. You can see the inner sleeve if you look closely from the head of the round to approximately 1/2 of the casing itself. Take a look and let me know your opinion, please.

Tommy

Had a heck of a time trying to get this pic but if you look closely, you can see the inner shell. Sorry, but it's the best I could do.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  5. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

This is just a guess, but it looks like they reinforced the casing to prevent deformation at the area of the casing that when chambered is not fully supported near the ramp.

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

That is a very good probability for having the inner shell. 9mm have a tendency to bulge near the head of the casing. I do think though, it is a military round from outside the US. I never tried to deprime one or reload it. I figured it wasn't worth the effort due to safety reasons.

Tommy