9E gone for good?

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by RL Johnson, Dec 17, 2018.

1. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

I looked on the Ruger site and there are only two years shown for the 9E being produced. The last being 2015. Their website does not list it as out of production but a three year hiatus seems awful long. Does anyone know anything?

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I am guessing maybe it wasn't the money maker they hoped for.
    I wonder if the RAP or the Security 9 replaced the 9E?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018

3. quirky

quirky Active Member

No need for redundancy, the Security 9 is the new cheap go to. Look for the SR-Series to go bye-bye as well. As the American is selling good from what I read.

Ruger like all the rest throw crap in the market place to see what sticks. According to reports I have read the Security 9, LCP II and the EC9s sold like hotcakes in 2018. I bought a EC9s myself and it's some of the best money I spent in years. I paid less than $250 and that includes FFL transfer.

It's a quality piece with the Ruger name on it and it's affordable.
    Ruger has been on a roll lately with all their new products.

rugertoter likes this.
  4. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

I tried out the Security 9 at Atwood’s but what a lousy trigger. Took almost an inch to reset. Of course my Walther PPQ has me spoiled. One of the best striker triggers out there.
    I wished that Ruger would make a nice stainless steel semiautomatic along the lines of their excellent revolvers. Maybe an upgraded P series, DO YOU HEAR ME RUGER!

5. quirky

quirky Active Member

Some don't realize the Security 9 is hammered fired. My EC9s is striker fired and as smooth as butter. I can do 7 rounds under 2 seconds.

6. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

But they do!
    BE81423D-30F0-4808-B608-ED2851764E76.jpeg

zippo9 likes this.
  7. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

All stainless in 45 only. The 9 mm has an alloy frame☹️

8. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Who needs more than a 45? :D

9. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Us guys with old hands. I have 4 magazines for my SR 1911 and if it was the only gun I took to the range my shooting day would be very short. After 30 rounds I can’t wait to put it away.

Mailman556 likes this.