Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
20 grand for a shotgun? Yeah like that will go on the next duck hunt.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Way to much for me, guess I'll keep my Western field Model 560 pump 16ga.:D

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I'll keep my $300 mossy 500......

Cool shotguns tho......

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Yep my Mossy 500 and Remington 1100 will do me just fine. I sold my last sports car for $23 grand............trade that for one shotgun I don't even think so.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I will get one....when

Jim

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Jim,

If that money tree drops too many "leafs" I would be willing to take some off your hands. I love O/U shotguns! I still have my Browning that I bought in 1973 that I used for duck hunting. At the time, I paid $400.00 for it which was a consider amount for the times. Guys would give me a bad time for using it in our duck boat but I didn't care. I bought it to shoot. We used to have to plug our shotguns so you only had 3 shots. Game wardens would come around and check us out. One of them asked me if my shotgun was plugged and I said no. Told him I didn't need one. He told me to dig it out so he could see it. He looked at it and called me a smart azz. I had Browning O/U 12 ga, 20ga, and a .410 which I bought new for $750.00. Was always going to go on a quail hunt but never made it. Lost the 20 and .410 in a divorce. I once got to handle a Parker 20 ga. Length of pull was great, single trigger, selective fire and auto ejectors. After I found out the price I politely handed the gun back to the owner and asked him if there was a fondling charge. The gun belonged to Frank Pachmayr. He politely smiled and said "no son, there is no fondling charge". He donated many guns to Ducks Unlimited of which I was a member and committee chairman for over 10 years. I loved calling ducks and geese and marsh shooting from a boat. Terrific memories!!!

Tommy

·
Registered
685 Posts
Maybe if I could afford a $20,000 shotgun!

A few year ago I bought a H&R Pardner Pump. Yeah, I know, Chinese made, but I needed a replacement for the 870 I had bought that would not eject shells and it was cheap and available. Long story short, I really like the thing. Enough that I bought the Partner Pump Protector, and then another in 20 gauge. I'm thinking there is probably going to be a youth model in the near future.

I really think that Ruger has missed the mark by not offering a pump in their American series.

Attachments

·
Registered
992 Posts
^^^ I would love to see a Ruger pump too. I would guess that all those Chinese and Turkish imports have made the market for value priced shotguns a bit too overcrowded for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts