9 new shotguns being introduced in 2017

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by allenr, Feb 27, 2017.

1. allenr

allenr Member

2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Most of them are way out of my price range.:eek:

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

20 grand for a shotgun? Yeah like that will go on the next duck hunt.

4. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Way to much for me, guess I'll keep my Western field Model 560 pump 16ga.:D

5. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Do I want a shotgun or a car? Hmmmm.....

6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I'll keep my $300 mossy 500......

Cool shotguns tho......

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Yep my Mossy 500 and Remington 1100 will do me just fine. I sold my last sports car for $23 grand............trade that for one shotgun I don't even think so.

8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I will get one....when

[​IMG]

Jim

9. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Jim,

If that money tree drops too many "leafs" I would be willing to take some off your hands. I love O/U shotguns! I still have my Browning that I bought in 1973 that I used for duck hunting. At the time, I paid $400.00 for it which was a consider amount for the times. Guys would give me a bad time for using it in our duck boat but I didn't care. I bought it to shoot. We used to have to plug our shotguns so you only had 3 shots. Game wardens would come around and check us out. One of them asked me if my shotgun was plugged and I said no. Told him I didn't need one. He told me to dig it out so he could see it. He looked at it and called me a smart azz. I had Browning O/U 12 ga, 20ga, and a .410 which I bought new for $750.00. Was always going to go on a quail hunt but never made it. Lost the 20 and .410 in a divorce. I once got to handle a Parker 20 ga. Length of pull was great, single trigger, selective fire and auto ejectors. After I found out the price I politely handed the gun back to the owner and asked him if there was a fondling charge. The gun belonged to Frank Pachmayr. He politely smiled and said "no son, there is no fondling charge". He donated many guns to Ducks Unlimited of which I was a member and committee chairman for over 10 years. I loved calling ducks and geese and marsh shooting from a boat. Terrific memories!!!

Tommy

10. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Maybe if I could afford a $20,000 shotgun!

A few year ago I bought a H&R Pardner Pump. Yeah, I know, Chinese made, but I needed a replacement for the 870 I had bought that would not eject shells and it was cheap and available. Long story short, I really like the thing. Enough that I bought the Partner Pump Protector, and then another in 20 gauge. I'm thinking there is probably going to be a youth model in the near future.

I really think that Ruger has missed the mark by not offering a pump in their American series.

Attached Files:

11. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

^^^ I would love to see a Ruger pump too. I would guess that all those Chinese and Turkish imports have made the market for value priced shotguns a bit too overcrowded for that.