Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Church shooting....again.

I believe with all my heart , that if this had taken place in my church,
it would have gone down differently. I am confident enough (ex miltary) in my frame of mind and my shooting skills, that he would not be on the run today.

Myself and one other friend are always armed when we are in church.
Yeah I go to church, Im a Baptist, I love my church and family , and friends there.

Yes I CCW in church, just because of what happened last night.

Maybe you dont belive you should carry in church, thats your perogative.

I do.

Maybe if more did, then this sorts thing wouldnt happen as much. Word does get around.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
First I agree with phideaux.
I noticed in an article about this that there were no long guns used. So in other words they want to imply how dangerous handguns caused all these deaths. Yep don't let a bad situation go to waste.
Sharpton and Jessie should be on the scene immediately crying if it wasn't for infringement of 2nd amendment rights then maybe less would have been killed by ending the bad guy's shooting spree. But no, the government says the people must be licensed to have their 2nd Amendment rights. What part of shall not be infringed is there not to understand in plain English?
I really believe there are two ways to handle a gun free zone. Either carry concealed or don't go into the possible suicide by bad guy gun free zone.
I read article said the kid was 21 and his uncle said the kids dad gave him the gun for his 21st birthday. Article said the kid reloaded 5 times while shooting.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
When Obama gave his speech to the nation mourning the people who passed in the shooting he couldn't help himself by interjecting politics into an already terrible situation. He will not let his agenda die and has to reiterate his position on his own specifics. He calls on the government to take responsibility for anything that goes wrong and accepts no responsibility. He is worried more about climate change than ISIS, more about a deal with Iran without consulting other mid east nations, about how if Obama care is struck down by the Supreme Court, it's up to Congress to fix it. What ever happened to Harry Truman's sign: The buck stops here!" He is awestruck that we have more racial tensions now than 20 yrs. ago. I wonder why. Does it have anything to do with his dividing the nation????? He is quick to condemn but lacks the intestinal fortitude to admit he may have made a mistake. The lying by himself, his cronies and some on capitol hill just keeps coming. I hope we can last another 18 months in his term and get him the hell out of office and go back to organizing the fruit stand vendors and illegals that he so adamantly let into our country. God knows, I am sick of politics!!!
Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
The kid supposedly had a felony record and a trespassing charge against him. His father knowing the kid was a felon gave him a .45 caliber handgun? I think the father should be considered an accomplice for being that stupid. The father could be the reason the kid had an early mind set of hatred. These days it is hard to believe anything the news reports though.
Well at least they caught the kid already. That's good news anyway.
Well the wonderful new atty. general of course has gotten involved so expect the worst yet to come from this already horrible crime.
“Even as we struggle to comprehend this heartbreaking event, I want everyone in Charleston and everyone affected by this tragedy that we will do everything in our power to heal this community and make it whole again,” U.S. Attorney Gen. Loretta Lynch told reporters

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I really think this kid should be made an example of what will happen to people that do horrific gun crimes. None of the years sitting in a cell getting three meals a day waiting for a trial or then after trial sitting on death row for 30 years. I say use their own gun and put a bullet into each knee, each arm and then one bullet right between their eyes. Just maybe that could turn out being the best deterrent for gun crimes.
But then again the same people screaming about wanting more ridiculous worthless gun laws would be screaming that would be cruel treatment. Morons are the only ones that think heinous murderers deserve compassion.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Unfortunately it is illegal to carry in church in my state. We go by the law so............

I have been wondering when ISIS type Christian haters would attack us at our place of worship.
Is this it, or was this killer just a nut case that did not like Christians and/or the skin color of the Christian victims?

A target rich environment for yet another mad man with a gun in a gun free zone. When will the sheep wake up!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I believe it is legal to carry licensed to concealed in a church in TX unless the church displays a 30.06 sign at entrance.
(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor
was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.
I like the comment " good idea not to fall asleep during the sermon". There might be a lot of truth to that.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not being able to CCW in Church, would be foreign to me.

I thought Churchs were autonomous, and only they could disallow weapons, not the government, state or federal.
Can the state oor federal goverment dictate to Churchs what they can and cannot do?

That would fall under freedom of religion, and 2nd ammendment interference.

Not to mention Seperation of Church and State, where its clear in the Constitution
, that any government can not establish any ruling concerning Churchs,
only that the government is not allowed to form a State run Church.

Ky , has no such interference.:cool:

Jim

·
Sorcerer
30 Posts
Get the facts , no trial , hang him . I am tired of tax payers paying for ever fruit cakes trial and if convicted for everything else for the rest of their lives .

Hope I don't get banned for this .

·
Registered
298 Posts
Get the facts , no trial , hang him . I am tired of tax payers paying for ever fruit cakes trial and if convicted for everything else for the rest of their lives .

Hope I don't get banned for this .
I am so sad they did not take the opportunity to shoot him when they found him, he should have been put the rest right there! yes it would have saved the taxpayers a lot of money and also it would have saved the grief that the family's is now going to relive over and over again.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
They don't want this shooter dead. That would spoil all their racial and gun agenda from going forward. They are going to milk this till the tit is dry.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
They don't want this shooter dead. That would spoil all their racial and gun agenda from going forward. They are going to milk this till the tit is dry.
Buster,
You know I agree with you. The antis along with Obama are going to push this just as hard as they can. I want to know where Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson are today. Why aren't they down there trying to help console the poor people who are suffering and instead of whipping the crowd up, standing hand in hand and praying for peace and for those who lost loved ones. All of us can feel their pain and hope that in some way we can prevent this from happening again instead of rushing in and trying to say that this would never happen if people carried guns. If someone in that church had a gun, this might not have happened or turned out as bad as it did. I don't care what color of skin a man or woman has. We did not have that choice when we were born. God made us all equal, it's the ones who profess violence because of racial bias that cause the most problems. I hope Sharpton and Jackson can read this and have an understanding of what I am saying. And I still don't understand a President that cannot express remorse without political intrusion.
Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Well now isn't this interesting.
The pastor was an anti-gun activist. As a state senator, the Pastor had voted against concealed carry. The church also had past history of racial violence against it. The kid had a felony record and charges of trespassing against him. The father gave him a 45 gun for 21st birthday. The uncle knew about it. it was commented what kind of boots the kid was wearing. Like what was the point in that and how did they happen to know what kind of boots he was wearing? The kid was found by a call about a suspicious person in an area 3 hours away the next day?
Seems the pieces of the puzzle are fitting together rather nicely doesn't it?
Oh and Tommy you might be totally surprised. LOL Al Sharpton is on his way or is already there.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
This is in the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) gun laws on line booklet.
We are told to study this in our CHL class. Found this around page 47.

PC §46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.

(b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally,
knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter
H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is
concealed, on or about the license holder’s person:

(6) on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of
religious worship.

Disregard this statement. This only apples if the church puts up the correct sign. (30.06 posted in plain view)

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Magnum you didn't read far enough down the page.
http://www.texasgunlaws.org/concealed-handgun-chl.htm
(f) In this section:

(1) "Amusement park" means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

(2) "License holder" means a person licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code.

(3) "Premises" means a building or a portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

(g) An offense under Subsection (a), (b), (c), (d), or (e) is a Class A misdemeanor, unless the offense is committed under Subsection (b)(1) or (b)(3), in which event the offense is a felony of the third degree.

(h) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a) that the actor, at the time of the commission of the offense, displayed the handgun under circumstances in which the actor would have been justified in the use of deadly force under Chapter 9.

(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.
If the church does not have a 30.06 sign posted then a person with a chl can legally carry into a church. In fact I believe Texas just passed a law that places not posting a 30.06 sign but refusing guns on premises will be fined for failure to display the sign.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Dang, Guess I'll have to get a lawyer to tell me what all of that stuff says!
Thanks buster.

Wow. Thanks again. Just went back to it. You are correct sir! I see that it got new additions in 2007.

Must be that I was not up on the latest. Or did I always have it wrong? No matter you fixed it for me.

"It's not what you know that screws you up. It's what you know that ain't so!" (Me that is.)

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not being a Texas resident,
from reading here , it seems, that the government ,state or federal, are not setting the law to make it illegal to carry into churchs.

Like I said earlier, the church can ban carry, by posting the 30-06 sign, then the gov will help by enforcing the wish of the church.

That makes the church autonomous.

Have any of you Texas folks ever seen a 30-06 sign on a church?

Jim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts