Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an early 80's mini 14. And after a magazine or so, the gas port bushing starts backing out and it doesn't cycle properly. Is there a washer that's supposed be installed in there? Or is there a way to stop it from happening?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your Port Bushing is installed it can't work lose. Are you sure your calling the correct part the Port Bushing? The Bushing is the tube that connects the gas port to the Piston, which is the larger tube protruding out of the rear of the Gas Block. The Gas Block secures these two in place by clamping all to the barrel with the 4 screws. Now the screws may be loosening?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the correct term according to the manual. And it is the tube that screws into the block. On the outside of the block. It keeps backing out a few threads after a dozen or so shots.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It sounds to me like you have an aftermarket adjustable gas block. If this continues to be a problem, I would recommend going back to the factory original setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds to me like you have an aftermarket adjustable gas block. If this continues to be a problem, I would recommend going back to the factory original setup.
Thank you, I will check into that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts