77 PCCs

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by VThillman, Jun 30, 2017.

  1. VThillman

    VThillman Active Member

    2,733
    24
    38
    Strong rumors this morning that Ruger has resumed production of the 77/357 and 77/44.
     
  2. RFF

    RFF Member

    112
    6
    18
    77 series is on their website now in .17 Hornet, .17 WSM, .22 Hornet, .357 Mag and .44 Mag.

    Wouldn't mind having a 77//357. Used to have a Marlin 1894CP in .357 Mag. A lot of fun with Buffalo Bore Ammo!
     
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017

  3. VThillman

    VThillman Active Member

    2,733
    24
    38
    My 77/357 is pleasantly usable. It seems to be 3MOA accurate with most of the loads I've tried, which is good enough for me.
     
  4. RFF

    RFF Member

    112
    6
    18
    .357 Mag is my favorite revolver cartridge. In my opinion an excellent carbine cartridge and greatly under estimated.
     
  5. phideaux

    phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

    12,933
    100
    63
    I may just have to get that one.

    I do enjoy the .357 mag round,
    It also is, my favorite all around handgun cartridge.

    357 uberti.jpg

    ubert 357-1.jpg

    Jim
     
  6. RFF

    RFF Member

    112
    6
    18
    Oh very nice!!!
     
  7. VThillman

    VThillman Active Member

    2,733
    24
    38
    I like lever actions OK (as long as they are 'Winchester pattern'), but my mind took a bolt action set long ago. My first squirrel gun and first deer rifle were bolt actions, so the indoctrination came before my teen years.
     
  8. gumpy

    gumpy New Member

    959
    2
    0
    I prefer the Marlin Levermatic "pattern" myself.
    I'm a big fan of bolt action also. I have more of them than anything.
     
  9. VThillman

    VThillman Active Member

    2,733
    24
    38
    I've hunted with Marlin levers old and new, ~95% without issues. The other 5% were jams. Hard to clear when the deer is in need of a 'finisher'. A couple times it was a .32-40 loaner; a cartridge much better for hunting paper than for deer.
     
  10. RFF

    RFF Member

    112
    6
    18
    I've had a Marlin 1894 and 1895. Never an issue with the 1895. The 1894 however developed the "Marlin" jam......

    Never a single issue with my dad's Winchester (pre 64) model 94!