50th Anniversary No.1

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by 67stingray, Oct 28, 2017.

1. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Like to add this to the collection.

Attached Files:

2. zippo9

zippo9 Member

Don't know what the price will be on this, but I suspect it will be way beyond what I'm willing to pay for a gun. Sure is pretty.......

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

If they do only make a thousand of them then they will surely be a collectors item. The ad also says an additional 50 will be made with ultra higher grade wood and additional engraving. CHA CHING.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  4. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Always wanted one but never found a 45/70 I could aford, 308 would be nice but still can't afford it.:cool:

5. RFF

RFF Member

I hope some day to aquire a No. 1. I have always wanted one. Not in my affordable range right now. I keep changing my mind what caliber I would like it in. So maybe I'll have to figure out a way to aquire several!

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I will own one when they are available ,
    To go with mine,

ruger1.jpg

Jim

7. RFF

RFF Member

.45-70 at the top of my list in a No. 1. Sweet looking rifle Jim.

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I would think for the price they are going to ask, you should get some grade 5 Brazilian wood with fancy engraving. I once got to hold a Parker in my hands, 20 ga. shotgun that Mr. Pachmayr owned and after shouldering the gun I asked him the price he would get from donating to Duck's Unlimited. He thought it would be worth $50K. After holding it, I asked him if there was a fondling charge for just holding it. He said: No son, there isn't any charge. I got to thinking afterwards, what the hell would I do with a shotgun that cost that much. I don't own a museum and any gun I have I want to shoot it. Frank and Nan Pachmayr were wounderful people and down to earth as anyone could be. I hated to hear of their passing, but it was a privilege just to meet them. She was a sweetheart too.

Tommy

9. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Too bad they didn't choose a different caliber!

10. 71magna

71magna New Member

Anniversary “editions” never hold their value as advertised. They’re always a ploy by companies and marketers to create an inflated demand for a non-special gun.

11. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

The Ruger number 1 has always been a special gun to me. One I have never been able to afford. Jim that is a fine looking firearm.:cool: