Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I really like the 44 spl and it is my main carry.
No doubt a huge difference in felt recoil from the 44 mag round. Not to mention the sound difference between the 44spl and the 44 mag. You definitely can hear the difference in the video. The 44 spl sound is even less than a 9mm or a 357 mag.
I am sold on the 44 spl.

Reactions: AP2020

·
Registered
19 Posts
I really like the 44 spl and it is my main carry.
Likewise on the 44 Special. I load the 250 gr. Keith SWC with a heavy charge of Unique or Accurate #5. These loads are basically "Skeeter" lever loads. Those loads run 1000 fps and are controllable with excellent accuracy. Needing more than this I'm in over my head.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I don't load specials any more, I just lighten the mags to the same level.

1000ish fps is plenty for me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I load Specials because I have a 624. This does not keep me from loading magnums. That 1000 fps is plenty. For magnums I got a batch of Lyman 429215 215gr. GC bullets ready to go. I can run that up to 1400 fps in my SBH. The Special has plenty enough house power for daily use. I always have the options of the Heavy Keith bullet in either cartridge. I see myself better off in the upcoming outrageous price hikes following the famine. Things are never going to be same.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I stopped loading specials as well. I just load lighter mags with 240gr SWCs and load my full house 44mag loads with 240 JHPs or 300gr hard cast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts