3Speed Holster BREAK IN

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by kde71450, Apr 12, 2013.

1. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

DSCN4581.jpg

Got my 3 Speed Holster Monday. carrying Ruger SR40C and Extended Mag in carrier slot. The velcro holds great, and I do not need to pull it tight. I wear it just below beltline in front. The Holster material is still somewhat stiff. where your thumb goes in, it forms a groove. Need more draw time to make that THUMB Groove a little more pronounced. No problem getting good grip on gun handle. So far i have worn it with jeans (No Belt) and drawstring shorts (Warm in Texas now) Have worn it around house and neighborhood. Wife and neighbors have not even noticed. Next week will venture out of my comfort zone and take it shopping with me (Firtst gun ever owned, new to CC).

realize this system is not for everyone, but this is perfect for various reasons for me. :)

2. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

For the last three weeks I have been using a somewhat unconventional system 3 Speed Holster Though it is primarily for DEEP CONCEAL. I wear it at 12:00 just above the belt line. 90% of the time i am in drawstring shorts, the rest I am in Wrangler jeans. (Houston, TX area and i am retired). My EDC (and first gun ) Is the Ruger sr40c.
    I carry the short magazine in the gun (9+1). the spare magazine is a 15 round (I do not use the Ruger base extender for the magazine).

I started off just wearing it with the gun UNLOADED. I wanted the material to start to soften to the gun, and i practiced drawing to form a draw cone for the thumb. The second week I carried fully loaded. I have been wearing this system from the time i get up (6AM) till I go to bed (about midnight ). I did find that the Velcro straps against my bare skin was slightly irritating, so now I wear a thin white tank tee, Holster system, then regular tee. I have not gotten any odd stares since I started carrying. I find this system works very well when seated, and especially in the car. I have queried Joe Roger (Owner of 3 Speed) that I had concerns about my portly size and that is causes the Velcro straps to curl in ward somewhat. he emailed back that the straps should hold up for a long time, and any failure would be quickly corrected by them. I have heard they honor their warranty and do great customer service.

Next weekend i will be at the NRA Convention here in Houston, and i have read that they will allow conceal carry inside the exhibit hall. If this system has any appeal to you, I give them a VERY GOOD recommendation.

3. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

Love My 3speed (In drawstring Shorts)

Attached Files: