2nd original context removed?

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by buster40c, Apr 8, 2018.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I found this article about the original context of the 2nd Amendment possibly not disclosed in its entirety. Found at jimstone freelance journalist 82.221.129.208

Take a look at the second amendment, as it was originally penned, in the proper context
    2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government" - George Washington

My comment: That lays it out pretty clear. I did not know that second comment was made so clearly by the founding fathers. But then again, liberals have spun everything so badly in their efforts to subvert society the actual context of anything of this sort has been hidden as well as they can accomplish

Fireman22, MuleOne and bigfuzzy like this.
  2. 67stingray

67stingray Member

I fully agree with you Buster, the liberals on see and here what benefits them.

3. buster40c

I do believe things are about to take a turn for great turmoil that may or may not make things better in this country. There is just to much corruption going on right now by those supposedly for the people.

4. rtm

rtm New Member

Looking around for that and it seems to be false...GW never said/wrote that. It's been running around the internet since at least 2012.

First part is taken from a speech in 1790...

5. buster40c

Interesting how your reference refers to the first part came from a speech in 1790 but that speech really doesn't even state the first part. Let alone it has no actual reference to the second part.

Because the quote is being rated as false does not disprove by a speech that states another view by GW. Talk about taking out of context to disprove something there you have it.

Oh yeah GW thought the people should own factories to make arms and uniforms. Funny how back then factories were not common let alone owned by dirt farmers{common people}.

There is no doubt in my mind that the second was 100% written with the intention of protecting the "people" from a tyrannical government. No doubt that is what the second's intention meant to the founding fathers.

What I have found is before taking the view that something is false it is best to look at the source you are getting your information from.

Just look at the names of many so called fact checker websites. I even read that one person, used by a fact checker website to discredit the quote, was claimed to be an historical "expert", said that the quote could not be positively proven to be false but his "opinion" was that the quote was false. So he seems to be saying he has no proof the quote is positively false. Because he has not supposedly seen the actual quote then it is his opinion the quote is false. My opinion is just that he only has stated his opinion not backed by any facts. Sorry Charlie I am not biting that hook.

No matter how the meaning of second gets twisted or interpreted the original context of the second is quite plain. No matter how it has been twisted the twist is totally an infringement. No matter how someone states the GW quote is false it still doesn't make present day infringement constitutional. Not even when the SCOTUS deems so. IMO The SCOTUS has supported infringement of the second. When the highest court in the land sides against the constitution bill of rights by interpretation then it is easily understood what has happened in this country.

People in power seem to forget that the Constitution is the LAW of The Land. The Constitution bill of rights was not written as states rights but the people's rights. Show me where in the 2nd Amendment that it states that any person or state has the right to take away our 2nd Amendment rights.

6. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Keep on fighting the good fight Buster, seems to me today we have a larger generation of people trying to enforce their will on us and wanting things given to them without earning them. Our founding fathers really did have our best interest in mind, time for people to take responsibility for their own actions and stop trying to blame others for there problems.