Ruger Talk Forums banner

2A

4K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  jennflip 
#1 ·
The new administration is trying to undermine our 2nd amendment. I read there are 200 million gun owners in America. When will they stand up and be heard? We need a plan to combat the leftist policy of taking our freedoms.

#2 ·
I read there are 200 million gun owners in America

It's a myth. Even if you count those who can't legally own. As far as standing up, we can't even get 3 people in the same room to agree on anything. And here's the real kicker, the so called gun community or 2A however you want to phrase it are nothing but rats, from the gun manufactures on down. They don't give a rats-a-- about any rights.

If you don't believe that look around at what is happening with the ammo and reloading supplies. Go take a look on GunBroker. Upwards of 200% mark-up on everything from guns to ammo to whatever.
We won't even mention that the manufacturers of both guns and ammo are being directed by government to slow the supply line down.

And all this came under Trump's watch. The riots last year. Then we get to the Capitol ordeal a chance to really make a difference and what did we see, a bunch of idiots dressed up like clowns. And because of that Biden just may go off the deep end, but remember he isn't controlling anything, that 'deep State' is.

#11 ·
If you don't believe that look around at what is happening with the ammo and reloading supplies. Go take a look on GunBroker. Upwards of 200% mark-up on everything from guns to ammo to whatever.
That's what's known as "supply vs demand". It's an inherent part of market capitalism, and you should have learned about that sort of thing in high school.

We won't even mention that the manufacturers of both guns and ammo are being directed by government to slow the supply line down.
Oh, stop it.

#10 ·
You have to reach out to like-minded folks in your neighborhood like I did. We've established a kind of 2nd A "neighborhood watch", in case any BLMers or Antifas come rolling in and want to start sh*t.
A friend with a backhoe, a few with trucks, and a relative with plenty of acres.
I think our local police would deal with it before we'd have to though. The KKK wanted to do a "peaceful march" a few years back and our Chief of Police stopped them at the bridge into town and "advised" them to take their "voices" someplace else where they would be less likely to expose themselves to danger while exercising their 1st A rights..
Peace through strength.
Last year, a small group of BLM supporters tried to organize a march about 30 miles away from here. A couple of them refused to vacate some private property and were met with buckshot. They called their re-reinforcements that were on their way and warned them not to come because they were leaving. They planned another one a few months after that and none showed up. State Police investigated, no charges were filed.

#4 ·
I for 1 have written my senators and congressional representatives about this very issue. I even moved counties to one that is pro 2A and away from a liberal county. I ask that everyone take the same steps. Write or email your state and federal government and let them know how you feel. It’s the least we can do. I’m passionate about this and we together can flood them with mail and emails. We are Americans and we still at this point have freedom of speech. Please use it.

#5 · (Edited)
I've seen different personal one-on-one interviews with CEOs of CCI, Federal, and other ammo suppliers by reputable sources. They're working around the clock to increase the output, but with the millions of new and existing gun owners, they can't meet the demand. They're trying to purchase more manufacturing equipment so they can hire more employees. No govt "conspiracy".
Intelligent gun owners and 2nd A proponents know what's going on and are following "the plan". The military will step in when all the other options are exhausted and the time is right. Gun owners will be ready to cover local "hot spots" should that be necessary. We're not going off "half cocked" (pun intended) and starting unnecessary bloodshed and destruction, but we're ready for when it's "go time".
My neighbors and other local gun owners have this covered as a group. Do yours?

#6 ·
Intelligent gun owners and 2nd A proponents know what's going on and are following "the plan". The military will step in when all the other options are exhausted and the time is right. Gun owners will be ready to cover local "hot spots" should that be necessary.

My neighbors and other local gun owners have this covered as a group. Do yours?

Not sure about my area but some of the neighbors will be the first ones I shoot.
Low-information idiots, druggies and deadbeats with most sucking off the government tit.

#13 ·
Hmmm... "in case any BLMers or ANTIFAs come rolling in..."
I'm a LOT more concerned that we'll have "militias" and the kind of idiots that rioted in the halls of Congress Jan. 6 causing problems in CarsonCity than "ANTIFA" (not even organization, BRW).
I hope theFBI finds every idiot that invaidd the capitol building and I hope they all serve time. That was just plain insurrection and anarchy.

Did they really think they could change the election results by intimidating the Senate?
If 60 election suits by Trumpers failed, if Atty. General Barr saying the election was not "rigged" and if Georgia REPUBLICAN election officials stood behind their election after THREE recounts and Trump browbeating phone calls do you think a riot is going to change anything?
There are liars and there are DAMNED LIARS. Trump and his Congressional enablers are the latter.

#15 ·
DP, what I'm saying is not "propaganda" is is merely the truth. It was an insurrection and Trump incited it over several months beginning before the election and topped it off with his incendiary "rally" speech. Those are the facts of what is likely THE most closely examined and vetted presidential election in US history. DEAL WITH IT!

BUT... you still cling to Trump's Big lie about the election being "stolen". Now THAT'S propaganda. But I fear you drank too much of Comrade Trump's Kool Aid.

#16 ·
DP, what I'm saying is not "propaganda" is is merely the truth. It was an insurrection
I was talking about your "not an organization" stupidity, which is an attempt to pretend that a group of assholes who act in concert, with a group name, their own flag, etc is somehow a figment of the imagination...you moron. But the "insurrection" crap to describe a bunch of other idiots who weren't even armed is just as stupid.

BUT... you still cling to Trump's Big lie about the election being "stolen".
LOL! I never said a word about the election or Trump, you lying sack of crap.

#18 ·
There is no gun rights community. Instead there is a fragmented collection of 2A advocacy groups that rarely if ever coordinate efforts, particularly the s0-called national organizations, which are competing for our financial support. That competition stands in the way of cooperation in the defense of 2A rights. Power comes from collective action and fragmentation defeats that concept.

Legislative advocacy success at the federal level is mostly determined by how much money you can line election campaign funds with. That is more powerful than public outcry.

The best way to defend 2A rights is in the courts, especially SCOTUS, which may be about to take on a case about the right to carry outside the home or business. An example of legal action is the just reported that a federal appeals court has overturned the Bump Stock ban. The NRA supported the ban. If that was an act of community involvement, I’d rather they did not act.

#20 ·
It’s just not that Amendment that’s under fire. I believe they all are. I’m pretty sure they want to rip up all our rights as Americans. Looking more like China. I’m really bummed at our current situation with big government. That’s about all of them. 99.999999999% are thief’s.

#24 · (Edited)
I never said anything at all about whether or not Trump is telling the truth about anything, so perhaps you meant to respond to the voices in your head. And luckily, I'm not so stupid that I think an ex-President spouting crap after an election (and after he leaves office) constitutes a threat to the U.S. Constitution, let alone the greatest threat ever. You on the other hand are obviously not so fortunate. A sitting POTUS who is actively implementing policies in direct contravention to COTUS on the other hand....

I eagerly await your next pathetically dishonest strawman argument.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.