Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Y'all! I grew up in Alabama and Georgia but have been in Maryland for the last nearly 30 years. I was a pretty avid shooter (combat matches, deer hunting, target and plinking) living in Georgia but given the draconian attitude in my home state fell out of it after moving here. Our the past few years I've begun making range visits again and it's been fun to see that it's all come back to me very easily but now with a whole new world of firearms choices out there. And now, with the exciting new turn around on concealed carry I've received that permit and entered a new world for me of EDC. All that to say that I feel like I've got a lot to learn and hope to tap in to the collective wisdom here to get me up that curve.

I've own a Mk II bull barrel that I bought new in the 1980s and have put thousands of rounds through that gun. I've been super impressed with how well Ruger supports these older guns. My first handgun that I still own is a Colt 1911 .45 government model 70 that I bought from a gunsmith in Snellville GA that had ported and polished it, micro sights, and trigger work. That gun has seen more combat matches and training than I can even estimate. I also own assorted rifles and shotguns and find myself on the sporting clays course from time to time.

Concurrent with waiting on my carry permit, I went out shopping for a EDC and decided upon a Sig P365 SAS in a Tulster Kydex Profile holster. I wasn't expecting this little 9mm to be much fun at the range but was really surprised how easy it was to handle and get on target. Since October I'm put about 500 rounds through it and like it better every time out with it. Yeah, it's not a Ruger but I wanted a slightly larger gun and like the 10+1 capacity.

Looking forward to learning more about my choices for home defense and full size handguns from Ruger.

· Registered
Ruger 57, (2021) Redhawk .44 mag, EC9s, Ruger .44mag carbine, .Single six .22Mag (1963, first Ruger,
32 Posts
Hi Y'all! I grew up in Alabama and Georgia but have been in Maryland for the last nearly 30 years. I was a pretty avid shooter (combat matches, deer hunting, target and plinking) living in Georgia but given the draconian attitude in my home state fell out of it after moving here. Our the past few years I've begun making range visits again and it's been fun to see that it's all come back to me very easily but now with a whole new world of firearms choices out there. And now, with the exciting new turn around on concealed carry I've received that permit and entered a new world for me of EDC. All that to say that I feel like I've got a lot to learn and hope to tap in to the collective wisdom here to get me up that curve.

I've own a Mk II bull barrel that I bought new in the 1980s and have put thousands of rounds through that gun. I've been super impressed with how well Ruger supports these older guns. My first handgun that I still own is a Colt 1911 .45 government model 70 that I bought from a gunsmith in Snellville GA that had ported and polished it, micro sights, and trigger work. That gun has seen more combat matches and training than I can even estimate. I also own assorted rifles and shotguns and find myself on the sporting clays course from time to time.

Concurrent with waiting on my carry permit, I went out shopping for a EDC and decided upon a Sig P365 SAS in a Tulster Kydex Profile holster. I wasn't expecting this little 9mm to be much fun at the range but was really surprised how easy it was to handle and get on target. Since October I'm put about 500 rounds through it and like it better every time out with it. Yeah, it's not a Ruger but I wanted a slightly larger gun and like the 10+1 capacity.

Looking forward to learning more about my choices for home defense and full size handguns from Ruger.
Welcome from Florida

1 - 5 of 5 Posts