Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I couldn't care less about .44 spl, but, an 8 shot .357!? Oh yeah!

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Seems like the Redhawk is too much steel to be practical for .44 Special. Does a .44 Special GP100 have to be five shot?

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Don't underestimate the .44 special.

I reload some pretty hot/nasty rounds in the .44 special.

Shoot great outta a 44 mag Lever action.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Don't underestimate the .44 special.

I reload some pretty hot/nasty rounds in the .44 special.

Shoot great outta a 44 mag Lever action.

Jim
Well shucks, I would ask what the point of that is - but knowing you, I understand.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Well shucks, I would ask what the point of that is - but knowing you, I understand.
Just another caliber to have ,

with a 4 .:)

Sorta like shooting .38 spc outta .357 mag.
only a bigger hole.:cool:

They are fun out of a short barrel revolver too.

Jim

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was excited about the .357 till I compared the Smith 627 which is also 8 rounds but lighter and actually cheaper, though with a 4" barrel.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I just got the email. Correct me if I'm wrong, seems like the 44 special is a gp100, not a redhawk.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
^ ^ I've heard the same and that it's a 5 shot. I should probably get on Ruger's E-Mail list.

:GadsdenFlag:

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Got Ruger's pictorial email this morning. They are interesting guns. The Redhawk (2.75" barrel) comes with hardwood 'round-butt' grips; looks kinda strange. Strikes me that it oughta work in a shoulder rig. The GP100 reminds me of a Charter Arms Bulldog; probably easier to handle with hot loads, though.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I am not to thrilled with the looks of the Redhawk. Why didn't Ruger make the GP100 in 357 with 8 shot?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The 44 special is a nice cartridge. Neither of these has any interest of mine being so short. Not big on DA's anyways and such a massive frame of the RH does;t help with that lack of affection. that 44 special in a 5" or longer might be though.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
I'd love to see both!

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Model number on the 44 Special is 1761 and it weighs in at 36oz. The Redhawk 357 8shot is 44oz.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts