Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Stephane and my son Is Alex , we are from Québec ,Canada ,we got our self 10/22 , i purchase for my son the synthetic model with a 3x9scope and for my self i got the collector serie with a red/green dot. We both love a rifles except that my son frequantly wont extrac and try to load and jam...i have Try winchester555 and remington thunderbolt with same result .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello

Hello im from Québec ,Canada i have a 10/22 collector serie with a tasco red dot ,a synth 10/22 with a 3x9 Tasco rimfire ,also a Henry classic lever action .22 they are all a blast to shoot

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining.

Those 10/22s are great shooters,
sorry to hear your having a problem with one.

Did you give it a good thorough cleaning ?

Swap the magazine, with the other one, try it.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the RT forum. It could be the problems are from the type ammo you are using. Try another brand to see if you have the same problem. Some guns are finicky with some ammo just doesn't function real good either. Thunderbolt leaves a lot to be desired for results in some guns. It could be his gun has a problem also. Like Jim asked if you cleaned the guns first. Some new guns are kind of gunked up which can cause problems.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Anytime you purchase a new gun, you should give it a real good cleaning regardless of it's newness. Also as stated before try switching magazines and the Thunderbolt ammo is certainly not a good choice for ammo. Don't get discouraged and by the way, welcome to the forum.

From the land of the never ending sizzling sun

Tommy

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome from down south on the Texas Gulf Coast near Houston.
After you try what others have suggested, give Ruger's customer service a call. They will take care of you if your rifle needs service.

A 10/22 should work with most any ammo, mine does.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Hello and welcome Stephane!
I've moved your post to your own thread so you can get a proper welcome :)
Nice guns!
Hope you enjoy it here :)

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Welcome Québecois Stephane. Is the sap still running?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advise, i bought today 2 pac of cci 1 mini mag and stinger , will do a good cleaning also . I also read that if the scope base screw if are a bit to long might interfer with the action http://youtu.be/q5B0WKZ57zQ
Anyway thanks for the info and will post pics soon

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Welcome to RT....

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Real maple syrup is hard to find in stores these days with all the fake maple flavored syrups. A little bottle of real maple syrup doesn't last long either. When I was a kid they sold real maple syrup in metal gallon cans. Ha! A gallon now would cost a small fortune. I recently watched the sitcom show called MOM and they bought a bootleg 55 gal drum of maple syrup for several grand. They were going to get rich selling it.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
In Vermont this year (an OK run), the grade formally known as Grade A Fancy can be had for $50-60/gallon direct from the maker. I prefer what used to be called Grade B on my pancakes. I think it is labeled Grade A Robust now. My sugaring friend blames the Canadians for instigating the new labeling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts