3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  oktom 
#1 ·
Just bought 1959 flat top wondering the value
Wood Trigger Hardwood Gun barrel Wood stain
Wood Trigger Hardwood Gun barrel Wood stain

See less See more
#2 ·
Jim,

I did a quick search and the prices are all over the place for that year. Condition, Barrel Length, Chambering and if it has the original box with the paper work. When you start getting up in the years the box and the paper work are sometime half the cost.

The ones I saw looked clean hard to tell from your pictures if yours is a beater. I saw as low as $586 to over $1400 dollars.

#7 ·
Nice gun! You got that at a steal of a deal!
The leather could be cleaned up with saddle soap. Using a hand brush to get into the tiny areas that need cleaning. When done recondition the leather and buff. In the end, you'll have a beautiful leather rig along with a beautiful gun to go with it.
Congratulations!

#8 ·
I own a Flat Top and a few Three Screws and they are all 90% or better. The prices vary considerably and like anything else change all the time. If you are a "collector" then you are willing to pay more for a specific items etc, than a 'shooter" who is going to actually use the firearm. I see Flat tops going for 500- 1400 depending on caliber, bbl length condition. Your pictures show wear on the pistol, however it is also a 4 5/8 bbl, which is harder to find($$) and the grips, if original Ruger, enhance the value($$) too. You basically bought the pistol for nothing and I would say without hesitation IMHO in is easily worth twice what you paid for it. The grips make a huge difference if they are original and real Stag. Enjoy the piece, and use it. Shooting it will not hurt the value at this point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.