Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How common are 1956 manufactured 1022 rifles? I recently came in possession of some old Rugers. My collection runs more toward the WW2 US weapons so these are WAY out of my wheelhouse. The stock on this thing looks to be Walnut and has the Ruger emblem on the bottom of the pistol grip. The stock has an exaggerated pistol grip with a comb that reminds me of an old Weatherby rifle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
How common are 1956 manufactured 1022 rifles? I recently came in possession of some old Rugers. My collection runs more toward the WW2 US weapons so these are WAY out of my wheelhouse. The stock on this thing looks to be Walnut and has the Ruger emblem on the bottom of the pistol grip. The stock has an exaggerated pistol grip with a comb that reminds me of an old Weatherby rifle.
Sounds like an aftermarket stock? The only stock I am aware of that had a pistol grip cap is the 10/22 Sporter model. However, it typically had a normal comb. These came with finger grooves in the forearm early on , then the grooves were dropped. just an FYI, I am in Aiken,SC

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds like an aftermarket stock? The only stock I am aware of that had a pistol grip cap is the 10/22 Sporter model. However, it typically had a normal comb. These came with finger grooves in the forearm early on , then the grooves were dropped. just an FYI, I am in Aiken,SC
Also, the 10/22 International or full stock had a pistol grip cap, but other then those two, I am not aware on any others that had one. Of course, that is just MHO, others many be better informed on the subject.

·
Registered
45 Posts
One last thing, the 10/22 was first produced in 1964, so I am not certain where you came up with 1956?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually meant 1966. The stock has a Ruger emblem on the cap so I am pretty sure it is a Ruger manufactured stock. It does have finger grooves on the stock. As WW2 is my main interest, I put this rifle up for auction. The stock was just a neat version I had never seen on a 10/22.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts