Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a new 1911 commander for my everyday carry. I would like the anodized frame as its alot lighter to carry. I also think it looks cool. My question is..... will the black anodizing eventually wear off in spots or is this a metal treatment that is black throughou the depth . Please dont tell me I would be better off with another brand. I am a diehard Ruger fan. Nobody can beat the way they stand behind thier product.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
My experience with anodized frames is that ,yes EVENTUALLY, it will show wear marks,

but it has held up much longer than most any other finishes.

Jim

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
So far my LW Commander has shown no signs of wear and I carry it everyday. I am sure it will react somewhat the sameway that bluing does, it will show wear marks. But since it is my CCW, I don't mind giving into a little wear if it does what it's supposed to do and that is to protect me. I hope I never have to use it!!!!

Tommy

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Anodizing is not black throughout the depth of the metal, it's a finish.
Any finish on any gun will show some wear if you carry it long enough, even stainless steel.
But if it's a carry gun, it's supposed to show some wear. Maybe buy two, one to use and one to keep pristine. (Not a bad idea as an investment).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts