18 y.o. adults

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by VThillman, Jan 9, 2016.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Some really with-it dudes in California have proposed 25 as the minimum age for gun ownership. I don't understand the thought process - if there is one - but anyway, I responded in another forum. My prose was/is so highfalutin that I am repeating it here (with minor editing):

'Illogical' is not a class-conscious adjective. Not so long ago, before the draft boards were mothballed again, 18 y.o. boys were ordered to take up arms and go into harm's way. Then it was decided that 18 y.o. girls and boys are actually women and men - adults, by golly; privileged to vote, and drink alcoholic beverages. Then it was 'well, maybe not the alcohol'; still adults though, can vote and be cannon fodder - and lets include the newly designated 'women' in that war stuff. Give 'em guns and send them 'into the breach'. Now you say 'No guns for them'?

In the aggregate, that is just not logical. If 18 year-olds are responsible-for-themselves adults, they are part of the class 'adult citizens'. When we allow them to be singled out, we let the darkness in on the rest of us adults.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Well the government evidently doesn't believe it is supposed to be a servant to the people. The government says their actions are serving the people but in reality that often is a lie. They believe it is the other way around and it is a darn shame they get away with it.
    People are called domestic terrorists if they take action against the unlawful acts of government. No wonder the government is getting more afraid of the people. No wonder why the government is trying to more control the people's right to bear arms. No wonder they are seeking more control over the younger able bodied men and women.

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hah! Well, this is just some dudes in California right now, the Prez may not have noticed it yet. Good job picking up on it though.