Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My neighbor told me he had a co2 handgun that shot ball bearings but he lost the magazine for it. He brought it over for me to check it out. It shoots 11mm balls and it sort of looked like a Glock. The slide actually moved and could be locked back but there was no opening of the breech. I thought shooting 11mm metal bearings would probably be expensive and I wondered if it was made to shoot plastic balls rather than steel balls. It sure has a large hole in the muzzle. I wonder is the gun actually made for paint ball shooting? The neighbor thought it was made to shoot steel balls.

This gun is all metal not plastic.

I should have gotten the name on it.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Paint ball is a good guess although IIRC, most paintball guns are 17 or 18mm.....

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
11 mm (.43 caliber) paint ball.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrvvR_m4oRY[/ame]

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The gun did look very similar with the co2 tube in it and place for the magazine. I don't think it was the gun in the video but I definitely go with it is a paint ball gun.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Jeez, ball bearings...

When I was in high school, a stray dog showed up at the farm. Friendly enough, but he had a bad habit of barking at 5 AM. Being a typical kid who was out late getting into trouble, I couldn't let this go unpunished, and we already had 2 dogs and didn't want another very much. So I grabbed the shotgun and pawed through the old pail that had shells in it until I found a couple reloads marked "BB" on them. I thought BBs would be perfect for a 30 lb mutt...yeah, well, they were loaded with ball bearings...and they didn't work so well. I have no idea how they got into the ammo cache and I don't want to know...

P.S. That dog ended up living with my parents for years, with at least one ball bearing in his hind end. I think dad figured if he was tough enough to take that and come back for more he earned the right to stay...

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
What I get out of that, Spike, is a reminder that there's no lead poisoning in steel balls, and that evolution hasn't had time to figure out how to eject steel yet. That pooch had to sit on steel for the rest of his days.

·
Registered
992 Posts
That ol' mutt was tougher than boot leather. He definitely wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, he got hit by at least 4 different vehicles including a school bus. On the other hand, he survived being hit by at least 4 vehicles including a school bus...and died of old age. I doubt the ball bearings bothered him much. He might have been too stupid to notice...

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I talked to the neighbor today and he said it isn't a paint ball gun. He insists it is made to shoot steel balls. He said he had searched the internet by the gun name for the magazine for it and it is made to shoot steel balls.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts