Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
As requested. First let me say that every chassis system I've ever seen has been about as sterile and as lifeless as can be, with little to no actual "design" work other than what a 3D scanner dictated was necessary to allow a pre-existing firearm receiver to fit inside it and be attached, with it's outer appearance being of less importance.

With your example I think the combination of diagonal and horizontal slots, the stretched "S" on the sides, and the stepped down cuts on the ejection port side all combine to create "too busy" of an appearance; it lacks fluidity. There's also gaps and no aesthetic transition where the AR style pistol grip attaches to/meets the chassis. Lastly, I think that instead of the all too common AR receiver extension tube mount built into the rear of the chassis such a mount should be removable with an option to mount a picatinny rail that will allow the easy attachment of a folding picatinny mount stock or brace if used with a Charger pistol.

Since there is no upper handguard and the barrel is free floating there's no need for horizontal "cooling" slots, and the diagonal slots don't seem to serve much purpose other than allowing debris to enter the chassis.

If your design is heavily influenced by the importance of weight savings ("12 oz.") surely there are other ways to accomplish this that are more aesthetically pleasing, such as terracing and introducing more curves to the chassis' outer profile(s).

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nice looking chassis but I really like the FAB Defense drop in stock not only does it improve accuracy it improves the looks and functionality of my RUGER 10/22 I liked it so much I purchase a black one for my 50th Anniversary Ruger 10 /22 Now I have two Fab defense Ruger 10/22 's Sporting the sight mark Wraith Digital Day Night Vision scope one black and one flat dark earth colors.

The FAB Defense® Ruger 10/22 M4 Conversion Kit turns your Ruger 10/22 in a tactical workhorse, complete with ergonomic pistol grip, forend Picatinny rails and a collapsible, side-folding buttstock. It's compatible with all standard and bull-barreled Ruger 10/22 variants, and installation is quick and easy, no gunsmithing required. This unique stock offers the perfect combination of a classic bench-rest design with a modern tactical versatility and buttstock features. It's compatible with all standard and bull-barreled 10/22 rifles, and installation is quick and easy, no gunsmithing required.
  • Compatible with standard and bull-barreled Ruger 10/22 rifles
  • Quick and easy drop-in installation
  • Collapsible buttstock system with 5 length options
  • Side-folding buttstock (left-folding by default) for compact carry and storage
  • Ergonomic design prevents wrist fatigue and ensures secure grip
  • Finger grooves and backstrap shape improves trigger operation
  • Durable and lightweight fiberglass-reinforced polymer construction
  • Quick-Detach sling swivel sockets on both sides

Below is the FAB Defense is the Same Stock now used by the Israeli Defense Force's Ruger 10/22 suppressed used in Israeli Special Operations Forces.

These Stocks are well made .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts