Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you guys knew of any magazine couplers that are designed for the 10 rd mags (NY) I purchased the magwedge and it’s great but they only are made for coupling the 5 rounders. Thanks guys

·
Registered
26 Posts
This might work: ProMag Mag Coupler AR-15 Ruger Mini-14 Polymer Black Package of 4 There may be other similar items.

Suggest closely investigating State laws, as some States allow mag couplers, and some do not. Written statement from an authorative source (such as State Atty General or whoever administers State laws concerning magazines) would be far preferable to a mere reading of the law.

Suggest caution in coupling mags "one-up and one-down" because open end of mag facing down can clog with dirt when shooting prone. You might be OK with 5-rd mags, and maybe 10-rd mags, but 20- and/or 30-rd mags may be too long.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Duct Tape if the mags have no curve in them. Set mags lateral to each other overlapping wired than the tape’s width. Several tightly applied wraps will work. I used to do it with M14 mags in Nam.
First, allow me to thank you for your service!

I've tried that exact same thing on FAL and M1A mags. As I said before, injection of dirt/crud into such taped/coupled reversed mags is problematic, especially when shooting prone. These things happen.

Shooting with a 30-rd AR mag (and perhaps other mags for different rifles) allows the user to use the single AR 30-rd mag as an ad-hoc monopod. Having two mags secured to each other with open end of one of the mags facing downwards and being subject to dirt/crud injection seems problematic to me.

I understand the need to have a "Quick-Reload" mag available under certain circumstances. GI field gear during VN did not make direct provision for such, IIRC. Nowadays, users have open-topped pouches available for quick replacement mag deployment. Time marches on.

Added to this is that there are few decent ways to carry such "coupled" mags readily available.

Please take my remarks with respect to your service, even if I differ with your opinions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts