10/22 x22 mount thoughts

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by Drecker, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Drecker

Drecker New Member

So I have had a 10/22 for ages now and I love it. I use a 1.5x9 scope and I really prefer that to a dot sight. I use it for plinking, light training, and occasionally introducing someone to firearms.

I liked it so much that I recently purchased a 10/22 takedown. My plan was to go full retard and slap on an x22 backpacker stock, the x22 mount, and a suppressor. The suppressor is already in the works and the stock and mount are already on, and I just realized that there is basically no way to attach a magnified optic to the x22 mount and have proper eye relief. A scope would sit too far forward and a red dot magnifier would sit too far from the red dot (also it would be on the receiver). I know that adding tacticrap to a "backpacker" rifle is kind of missing the point, and I won't add ridiculous stuff just to make the x22 mount purchase worth it, but I really like having some magnification with my .22s. should I just give up and slap a scope on the receiver? should I get gud with a dot sight? What do you guys think?

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Years ago I had some 10/22 Ruger rifles and back then we were just using a 4X Weaver (low price) scopes on our rifles. We used to do a lot of plinking and silhouette steel targets. Of course they were good for about 50 yards however when it came to anything longer, we would have to use Kentucky windage with our scopes. Man.........those were fun days!!

Good luck with your decision!

Tommy

3. sirhc

sirhc New Member

Hi Dreker
    I have a red dot on the receiver of my take down and have not had an issue with zero. I'd like to find a scout mount for it to use a long eye relief scope but I haven't had the time to look. With the zero not being an issue it fell of the projects list.