Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 50th Anniversary 10/22 functioned fine when first briefly tested. Now when I fire it, the next round chambers, the bolt seats, but won't fire because the hammer has not been cocked. Pull the bolt back, ejecting the round and the next shot fires just fine. Total rounds fired is probably less than 40. I have cleaned the chamber, but have not disassembled the trigger mechanism. Also notice that the unfired, manually ejected cartridge has a slight dent on it like the firing pin had touched it. ??? Any ideas?

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Which brand ammo are you using...?

Maybe switch to another brand just to see if it's a bad batch.

"Also notice that the unfired, manually ejected cartridge has a slight dent on it like the firing pin had touched it."

Picture of "dent" on cartridge...?

(...sounds like a light or bad strike )

Here's a guide on what it should look like and not look like:

·
Sorcerer
30 Posts
I have got to wonder if the FP is moving in the bolt . Pull the bolt and check to see it the FP is not staying where it is supposed to be . Clean it good too . Could be dirty even though it's new .

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
This is an old thread and I wonder what Arch found out what the problem was.
I noticed with my SR22 that CCI quiet 700fps rounds did not have enough power to cycle my slide correctly so next round didn't get lifted out of the magazine. I had to rack the slide after each shot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I solved the problem by installing a new BX Trigger assembly. Very nice! Some day, I will get around to looking at the defective assembly.

·
Patriot
2,178 Posts
Ruger has great customer service.

If you don't want to bother with the trigger assembly yourself, you could give them a call.

I'm sure they would take care of the defective assembly for you.

Kind of a moot point since I understand the BX is waaay better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The firing pin channel gets crud in it. pop the pin holding the firing pin. You could always replace the firing pin. It might be short or spring worn or kinked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts