10/22 upgrades

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by RL Johnson, Sep 6, 2020.

1. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Well I put a new BX trigger in but I had to move my Volquartsen bolt release to the new trigger housing. Don’t know why Ruger doesn’t make it standard. Then I put in the Volquartsen extractor and firing pin kit. I am just about to get my rifle like I like it. Now if it would only hit where I am aiming. It can’t possibly be because I am a lousy shot.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  2. What was wrong with the stock bolt Firing Pin & extractor? My 1964 Ruger 10/22 has Millions of rounds thru it. It's still accurate as the day I purchased it for $56.00 at JC PENNEY in 1964 about 5 years ago I replaced the Trigger with the BX Trigger its crisp clean break is about 2.6 pounds the old trigger was between 5 & 6 Pounds, I tightened up my 50 yard & 100 Yard groups by a half-inch with just a BX trigger replacement. Some of the Nut Jobs on Rim Fire Central have 3 & 4 grand in their Ruger 10 / 22 and still cant group any tighter than the stock off the shelf 10/22. I just laugh at them and the money they wasted!
    $265 for a stock Ruger 10 /22,
    $375 for a trigger
    $450 for a receiver
    $400 for a barrel
    $375 for a bolt
    $250 for a charging handle, Firing pin, Extractor
    $850 for a scope
    $200 for Scope mounts
    $375 for a stock
    $3,540 for a Ruger 10/22 that cant group any tighter than a bone stock 10/22 with a $31 4x 32mm scope and the free mounts that came with it at 50 yards. LOL LOL :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020

3. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

If anyone, in their right mind, believes anything in Post #2, as far as those fictitious prices, you need to get more powerful meds. Those are all "bloated" to try and make a very "feeble", untrue, point. So sad someone like that is even allowed to partake in a decent forum.

4. CMB

CMB New Member

Yeah, but just imagine how much better he feels about himself! :D

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  5. SGW Gunsmith

No doubt you're right.

6. SGW Gunsmith

That's the main thing that matters, getting it the way YOU personally want it to be.
    I set up this rifle to purposely shoot CCI Quiet ammunition. It has a Volquartsen "Firefly" bolt, a Feddersen barrel with threaded muzzle and a Volquartsen trigger. And, why oh why would I do that? Because I am able to, that's why. :p

[​IMG]

7. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Nice setup what brand of suppressor do you have? I have a Gem Tech for my Mark III 22/45 and really like it.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  8. SGW Gunsmith

The one I have was made south of here in Chippewa Falls, WI. Made by Lauer Manufacturing, the same fella that makes and sells Dura-Coat.
    His store is like walking into a bank vault. You gotta look in the window and if you don't look suspicious, they'll buzz you in through the door. He's got NFA toys in his store that will make ya "drool".