Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new 10/22 take down out to shoot it over the memorial day weekend and was getting a lot of light primer strikes resulting failure to fire. Got it home and tore it down for inspection without seeing any obvious cause. Than giturgun pointed me in the right direction, the rounds are very loose in the chamber, apparently so loose that when the pin strikes it is bouncing the round forward in the chamber and not crushing the primer.

I talked to Ruger CS and they said send it back, so $24 of USPS priority mail with insurance later she is en route to Ruger for a fix or replace hopefully.

We'll see how it goes :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm sure they will get you fixed up.
I'll be taking my new takedown out this weekend..got my fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do a lot of work on AR15s and Glocks. Any other firearm I enjoy doing parts switching, but I'm not into doing fabrication work on a firearms that's under warranty to fix it for free.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ruger called today and they are going to replace it. They tried different bolts and different barrels still had problems. They decided the receiver was out of spec. Good thing I didn't go filing on it or else they would not have honored the warranty. I'm out about $50 for shipping it to them and FFL transfer fee when the new one arrives, but at least they are replacing it.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the replacement 10/22 TD today. Got lucky and my FFL didn't charge me anything for the transfer. Its obviously been fired (dirty) so hopefully they ran enough rounds through this new one to assure it is going to work. I'll get her re-outfitted with the tapco stock, tacsol mag release, tacsol scope rail, and tasco red dot and try her out next week. Fingers crossed...........

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
The dealer you bought it from should had covered all shipping .. I had to send of a SR22 and a 30-06 both was no cost to me . And both fixed within 2 weeks but that was early 2012

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer you bought it from should had covered all shipping .. I had to send of a SR22 and a 30-06 both was no cost to me . And both fixed within 2 weeks but that was early 2012
It was Scheels, they said its Ruger warranty work so it was up to Ruger. Ruger never responded to the email I sent them asking if they would refund my shipping cost (I also asked about dealer transfer fee for the replacement one, but I ended up getting that waved)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Same here on a Rem. rifle, no cost either direction!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts