10/22 Takedown-expected Accuracy

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by Piecrust, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Piecrust

Piecrust New Member

Hey, I was just curious, what is the expected accuracy for a moderately experienced shooter at 25 yards standing up? I am not sure if my groups have been very pleasing because the gun itself or me. Could someone tell me a general idea of what a good group is?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
  2. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Optics or Irons? Cheap bulk ammo or mini mags/ match grade? Slow fire for group consistency or rapid fire? Lots of variables at play.

I would think a moderately experienced shooter, 25 yards, standing if slow firing should be able to keep a five shoot group of even bulk ammo in a two inch group at worst on a windy day. There will be random fliers in the bulk though.

This is a target of my 10/22 carbine, iron sights, rapid fire, standing at 50 yards, using bulk ammo on a 20mph windy day. 25 rounds. ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1382823772.330268.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

3. Piecrust

Piecrust New Member

I had a 3-9x scope and I was using CCI standard Velocity. My groups were around two inches, and the range was indoors. I did not keep the targets unfortunately. The thread name was was supposed to be "10/22 Take-Down expected accuracy" just by the way.

4. Grizz12

Grizz12 New Member

once you know what it will do off a bag/rest of some sort, then you know what the GUN will do when standing up.

The question is can YOU hold as steady as a bag/rest when you are standing?