10/22 sights question..

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by olddrags, Mar 31, 2013.

1. olddrags

olddrags New Member

Thinking about swapping out the original sights on my 10/22 with one of the Hy-vis front and rear sights. Is this something that should be attempted by someone with good mechanical skills ? Open to suggestions & comments. My 60 yr old eyes are having some issues with sighting the originals!
    Thanks!

2. JimA

JimA Member

I had the same problem with the standard iron sights on my 10-22 takedown. I opted for a Williams Ace in the hole Peep sight with firesight front.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/25...et-with-picatinny-base-ruger-10-22-steel-blue
    It works great for me, and I'm a bit older than you. Be prepared to work to get the front sight out of the dovetail. Mine at least was a very tight fit. I had to carefully fit the replacement with a small file to get it installed. The peep bolts right on the scope mount holes.
    I find a peep sight much faster to use and more accurate for me. The Firesight front bead really shows up well.
    The picatinny rail also gives you the option of mounting a red dot or scope if you want. If you do not care for the rail they have a plain peep and firesight post for about $12.00 less.

3. olddrags

olddrags New Member

Thanks Jim!! I'll be lookin into the Williams sights!