Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Folks,

Here's a picture of yours truly holding 10/22 Serial Number 1 in the Ruger Southport vaults back in November 2013:

When we decided to put 10/22 No. 1 on the cover of The Ruger 10/22 Complete Owner's and Assembly Guide, we realized that the pictures we had taken that day just weren't good enough to use. Fortunately, Ruger was kind enough to send No. 1 to their pro photographer for some glamour shots. Here are two of the resulting images:

Over the next few weeks I'll pull some of the other pictures from that day and post them. We were privileged to see, handle and photograph some very interesting prototypes and "never was"-es. Enjoy.

Regards,

Walt

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
WOW, the very first one...

that is a gorgeous rifle.

Jim

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Walt,

Thanks for the eye candy. :D
We'll all be happy and appreciative to see the pic's you post in the coming weeks.

Thanks Again,
MagnumBlackhawk

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
WOW, the very first one...

that is a gorgeous rifle.

Jim
Yes, Jim, it was quite a thrill to be able to handle and examine No.1 and all the other special firearms we saw in the "vault."

Regards,

Wali

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Yes, Jim, it was quite a thrill to be able to handle and examine No.1 and all the other special firearms we saw in the "vault."

Regards,

WALT
They're probably all rusting now. ;)

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Walt...I see you belong to the Garand Collectors Association too...

Whatcha got....!?
Over the past 20 years or so I guess I've had just about everything with the exception of a genuine Gas Trap. I did have one of Gene Barnett's repro kits I built up on an IHC receiver* and shot in the first four John Garand Matches at Camp Perry during the Nationals. I bet I have more rounds in competition through a gas trap then any other living person :). Currently I have the lowest known postwar S/N, an M1C built on an H&R receiver by Griffin & Howe, a couple of 6.8 millions...it does go on, I guess!

Regards,

Walt
*Eventually traded it for a half-scale Ma Deuce by Tippman.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
My M1 Garand is a Springfield build from November 1944...

Shown with an Adapter Grenade Projection M1a2 ( Lot UOD-500-12 1945 )...and M1905 Bayonet {2nd Production-1942} ( 16" Blade / 4" Plastic Handle ) marked UC ( Utica ) 1942 sans M3 ( Detroit Gasket & Mfg Co. ) scabbard.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Beeeeutiful!! Boy I shot the heck out of my 10/22 when I was a kid. What a fun rifle that never jammed.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool!!!!

Nos 2 & 3 have very ordinary wood. I'll post pictures soon.

W.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts