10/22 receiver pins

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by dropkick, Mar 17, 2017.

1. dropkick

dropkick New Member

At some unknown time when I was doing some modifications to my 10/22, I lost one of my receiver pins. I crawled around on the floor with a flashlight but I can't find it.
    (small rant) Damn loose things....

Anyway... I have some 3/16 brass bar stock and I'm wondering if it would cause problems if I replaced one or both of the pins with new pins I made from this?
    I'm a little worried that the softer metal might warp or bend in the receiver and be a pain to remove. Though I don't really know if they have much stress on them as mainly all they do is hold the trigger group in place.

2. Twodollarpistol

Twodollarpistol New Member

Don't think it would be a proublem at all, at least it would get you shooting long enough to order new ones from Ruger. Or you could make one from the unthreaded shank of a 3/16 steel bolt and be done. 2$pistol

3. nick7274

nick7274 New Member

You can order oversized reciever pins on Ebay for around $5 shipped. You'll have them in a couple days. The receiver pins need to be the exact size or they won't work right. To small and you'll get play in the trigger group which will effect accuracy. Too big and you could damage the receiver and/or trigger housing. The oversize pins are perfect because they insure there is no movement in your trigger housing.

4. dropkick

dropkick New Member

Bought some pins on eBay instead of making replacements - thanks.