10/22 Rail for scope

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by Andyman85, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Andyman85

Andyman85 New Member

2. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

It would give you a little more adjustment room when it comes to getting your eye relief just right.

I doubt you are going to have to worry about recoil, so it would be more about getting the scope just right in terms of eye position.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hi Andy,

Welcome to Rugertalk,

Those 10/22s are fine rifles...huh?

I know you will enjoy it.

How about jumpin over to Intrductions...introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

Thanks,

Jim

4. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Nothing additional from the standard one for the most part. The 15MOA feature will give a bit more adjustment for shooting more than 100yrds. If you're not going to do that, you'll gain nothing. The Picatinny part adds additional slots for ring position but the scope itself has more than enough itself. You'd be spend $40 that just isn't necessary.

Funny to see ppl swear by the whole Picatinny thing mount their optics then move the scope. Better are the ones with dots where eye relief isn't as big of a deal. It's "tactical" so thus has goth abe better. :roll eyes: Have dozens of rifles with optics, 15 or so are 10/22 with various optics and I've yet to require additional slots offered by a Picatinny mount.

5. Andyman85

Andyman85 New Member

Thank you guys for your responses. Seems to me it won't be useful for what I'm using it for